Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Taig CNC Mill, round two

Just got home, already started to mount the steppers. In my haste, the limit switches I ordered are "NO", not "NC". Not a huge deal but does irk me, will call automation direct and get the right ones.
    A huge thank you to Bob for the Gecko drive, power supply, 48v relay and DB9 connectors/housings!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I would suggest you tear it down to its parts first rather than mount the motors and power it up like a kid at Christmas. I did like you and threw mine together right away. I was afraid to tear my machine apart for fear of messing something up for a long time, but the knowledge of how everything works is invaluable later on. Jon Herzog (I think its John) has a nice video on YouTube on adjusting all the axis so they move with just the right amount of stiffness. Not sure how that would translate to the ballscrew machine, but the ways are all the same. It might also pay while you are at it to figure out a lubrication plan. As mine came from Taig the machine is not easy to lubricate.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

i have since added groves to the brass gib.

i don't recommend using plastic tubing, i need to re-do it all with copper.

and then later i converted it to ball screws. found some 8mm dia 3mm per turn, ball nuts are 14mm outer diameter leaving just enough room inside the brass leadscrew nut to bore it out and insert the ballnut.

That is quite the modified mill

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk