Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: well still kicking

I too was wondering what you had been up to. Thanks for checking in. Take care Alistair.
    George

I hope you get this under control Alistair. It's no fun being down and out.

Brian
    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Welcome back, Alistair. We missed you.

Here's hoping you'll be back in good shape in no time!
    So many projects. So little time.

Good luck with your recovery Alistair, and good to see you post again. And hope you can get into your shop again soon- even if you don't do anything much, it would be good just to be in there. Take care, best wishes.
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Just one more voice saying we missed your posts and are glad you are able to join us again

I'm really glad you're improving Allistair. I've always enjoyed, and learned from your posts, and look forward to more.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hosie View Post
    Hi Alistair here I have been in hospital over the last few months. I woke up very disturbed and could not breathe very easily, I was taken by ambulance to the local hospital, where they discovered my lungs were over half filled with fluid. Then I was rushed to a larger hospital and was kept in. They discovered I had something wrong with my heart arrhythmia it was all over the place which took time to get sorted then some drugs they put me on as I also had severe complications with my kidneys. These drugs caused me to have some frightening hallucinations wow. I am now home and am still very unsteady on my legs, and have not been able to get into the shop or even up the steps. I need to recuperate first I have not been eating and have lost over 100 pounds in weight which is excellent. But am still anxious about my kidneys. The other thing is as you know I have been on morphine for 20 years this month so a few months back the doctor told me ,that if I could half the dose he would put me on Gabapentin any way he gave me the gabapentin and went from my house on Friday and the gabapentin didn't work as he gave me one three times a day so I had to endure three days of cold turkey worst experience of my life I was banging my head off the walls in my house and never slept for three days but with now an increase in meds I am much improving but not perfect this was the worst experience of my life and . Anyway I will be sixty eight in may so I must slow down. my youngest son is coming home with his lady for the holidays he is in Australia so that will be nice. God bless all of you and when the time comes enjoy and relax during the festive season and of course according to my beliefs brotherly love to all Alistair
    I can tell by your writing that you are getting better, Alistair. Keep up the progress, my friend.
    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Hi,

Get well Alistair. Do what it takes to get better.

You should be glad the doctor pulled you off the opioids. That means you are going to live for a good long while yet. Had the doctor not felt your chances were good, he would have left you on the morphine.
    If you think you understand what is going on, you haven't been paying attention.

Actually I live in Dunoon on the holy loch my house overlooks the sea so am kinda on the Clyde .I bet a lot of Americans have fond memories of Dunoon as we had a big naval USA submarine base here for decades, where I made many wonderful friends . Al
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

What a coincidence! I was stationed aboard a submarine that would do its refits on the Holy Loch. Dunoon was nearby, so that is where I went on liberty. I have fond memories of my experiences there. The main thing that impressed me was that the local folk seemed content. When the sun came out so did the people and the sidewalks would be crowded with nary a frown to be seen. I thought both the town and countryside were very beautiful.
    So many projects. So little time.