Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: well still kicking

Default well still kicking

Hi Alistair here I have been in hospital over the last few months. I woke up very disturbed and could not breathe very easily, I was taken by ambulance to the local hospital, where they discovered my lungs were over half filled with fluid. Then I was rushed to a larger hospital and was kept in. They discovered I had something wrong with my heart arrhythmia it was all over the place which took time to get sorted then some drugs they put me on as I also had severe complications with my kidneys. These drugs caused me to have some frightening hallucinations wow. I am now home and am still very unsteady on my legs, and have not been able to get into the shop or even up the steps. I need to recuperate first I have not been eating and have lost over 100 pounds in weight which is excellent. But am still anxious about my kidneys. The other thing is as you know I have been on morphine for 20 years this month so a few months back the doctor told me ,that if I could half the dose he would put me on Gabapentin any way he gave me the gabapentin and went from my house on Friday and the gabapentin didn't work as he gave me one three times a day so I had to endure three days of cold turkey worst experience of my life I was banging my head off the walls in my house and never slept for three days but with now an increase in meds I am much improving but not perfect this was the worst experience of my life and . Anyway I will be sixty eight in may so I must slow down. my youngest son is coming home with his lady for the holidays he is in Australia so that will be nice. God bless all of you and when the time comes enjoy and relax during the festive season and of course according to my beliefs brotherly love to all Alistair
    Last edited by Alistair Hosie; 11-28-2018 at 09:54 AM.
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Great news Alistair, so glad to hear you are doing better. Still a ways to go but any day on the green side of the grass is a blessing.
    I was just this past weekend wondering how you were doing since it has been a while that you have posted, so very glad that you have risen to the top and have had some excellent medical care to see you through these rough times.
    Enjoy the times with your family over the upcoming holiday season my friend. I hope and trust that the doctors will help your sort out the kidney issues soon so that you can relax and enjoy once again all that family and friends will bring to you in the times ahead.
    I'm glad that you have brought us up to speed, lots of folks here have been thinking of you. I'd like to think that somehow this has brought a positive note to your well being.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Wow yeah we been concerned old friend hope you get a handle on it now - one thing for sure is your heart is going to have it easier with all that extra weight gone - and joints, so perhaps time to take advantage of it and take baby steps in the direction of mild exercise - physician guided of course - Keep moving buddy ! We all wish you well.

It's great to hear that you are still functional on some level. Sad that you had to go through all that. Hopefully the worst is behind you and you can be on the mend.

Best wishes for you and yours, Warren and Tracy.

YOu are beautiful people and truly my friends. AL
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

You've had a visit to Hell, and are now on the return journey - here's hoping a complete recovery is in the offing for you.

Sorry to hear about all the health challenges but very glad the doctors could get you back to a (more-or-less) normal life. I hope you can enjoy it for a long time.
    "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

All the best, Alistair. Keep up the positive attitude and get well soon. Thanks for the update and have a Merry Christmas
    Glenn Bird

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. It's a lot of work staying alive, but worth the effort.

Hope you can stay well, Alistair. Now stagger out and enjoy some bracing weather up the Clyde !
    Richard