Thread: Elect. motor again

Red face Elect. motor again

Fellows, the wiring in question is on a 3/4 horse I want to run it on 110 and clockwise, the wires are T-1,T-2,T-3,T-4,T-5, T-8, thanks, Joe G.

I don't have a connection book in front of me, By it having 1,2,3,4,5,8 it sounds like a Single phase motor.. 5,8 is what you swap for direction.. they make up on terminals on the end of the motor.. effectivly swapping the internal winding polarity. They make up on "stick on spade connections usually" The brown pcb the spade connectors are on, well usually they have numbers next to the lugs.. look closely at it and see..

BUT, without knowing or seeing I can only guess.. Sorry..

Can you post a picture so we can see?

------------------
    David Cofer, Of:
    Tunnel Hill, North Georgia

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 09-10-2004).]

Red face

Dave, it is a single phase, 110 or 220, and the wires go right into the motor, there is no spades, if I don't get anymore respone I will go with the two wires you said and see if it blinks the lights or me, thanks, Joe G.

WEll..

120vac hookup.. Assuming no capacitor needed.
    internal capacitor.. is there a hump on the outside?

1,3,5 is HOT
    2,4,8 is neutral... If backwards swap 5,8..

If it smokes, Sorry.. If it works send check to

------------------
    David Cofer, Of:

Wink

Dave Cofer, the wiring numbers worked, thanks for the help, it is 110 and 220, aks another question, how would it be wired it it is on 220, I will keep this information at hand for in the future, thanks again for the help, you should have to the check for the information, Joe Guidry

Ah'll settle for a beer, or a cup of coffee if you get to North georgia..

I'll have to think.. it took me a hour to pull the other numbers out of my head.. Lots of garbage going around inside my noggin. Like a computer programmer, garbage in, garbage out.

Whoo hoo.. look... something shiny.. gotta run.

I bought a hydraulic press.. wired 3 phase.. It was working on 240 volts.. it was wired 480 volts.. now how was it working? I changed the hook up tonight.. fixing to put home brewed 3ph convertor on it.

------------------
    David Cofer, Of:

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 09-12-2004).]

Dave I have been to Georgia, Savannah to be exact.
    I loved it there, are you near there? Beautiful aso Saint Augustinein Fla on the same holiday man that's nice wish I had a boat there keep well you lucky bugger.
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Joe: My motor is wired as IBEWGYPSIE said above for 120v. For high voltage, the diagram says "line" to 4-5, 3-8-2 together and 1 by itself. It doesn't specify what goes to 1 or
    3-8-2. To reverse direction, swap 5 and 8. Reading this over, I'm not sure how much help it really is.

This site has some diagrams which might help you see what's going on under the hood:

http://shop.emotorstore.com/estore/T...c_Diagrams.asp

The "Capacitor-Start Motors - Reversible: Double Voltage - Without Thermal Protector " matches your wire numbers (and Ibew's info)
    and shows how it's hooked up for different voltages and rotations.

Thumbs up

Fellows, thanks for the extra help on the motor wiring, I printed those pages of information for future needs, I really appreicate it, Joe G.