Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynapath/Hurco CNC 14x40 Lathe

Default Dynapath/Hurco CNC 14x40 Lathe

Expired
    Last edited by 3 Phase Lightbulb; 12-14-2018 at 10:05 PM.
    Work hard play hard

expired
    Last edited by 3 Phase Lightbulb; Yesterday at 02:19 AM.
    Work hard play hard

I don't know that machine, but Dynapath and Hurco are both respected names in the industry. That machine looks to be in very good shape. If that's the case, you would be hard pressed to find anything else as capable in that kind of price range. The programming on that one should be super easy to learn.

expired
    Last edited by 3 Phase Lightbulb; Yesterday at 02:20 AM.
    Work hard play hard

expired
    Work hard play hard

On my manual 14 x 40, the coolant pump is 1/8 hp 3ph. I have a separate little VFD for that and a main VFD for the spindle drive with an add on speed control knob. By having them separate, the pump motor speed stays the same when I dial the spindle speed up or down. The work light is taken care of in the electrical box on the lathe.

I use the smaller CNC mill in manual mode about 1/2 the time. It's easier to do and better than a regular manual mill. I suspect the CNC lathe would be the same.
    Last edited by Toolguy; 12-04-2018 at 05:23 PM.

expired
    Work hard play hard

I wouldn't buy it if I were you. Nope wouldn't do it. A boat anchor comes to mind. Don't do it! You'll be sorry. I will be sending a big I told you so when you get it and it sucks. Don't do it.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

I have a larger cnc lathe but with a dynapath delta 40 control. The delta 40/50/60 and the newer 2000 are near identical. I LOVE that control and its conversational.

Do you know which model Dynapath it is?

My lathe has the MPG wheels for X/Z if you want to use the lathe manually and they are also used for other purposes. They would slick.

Going further..... dynapath and hurco became the same company a few years back. Dynapath made OEM controls complete with VFD, no other electronics were really needed for OEM's using their OEM packaged control. My lathe has one of those dynapath OEM systems. It uses a Yaskawa VFD, my lathe is running without any mods on single phase (its a 3ph lathe) with the exception of me stuffing in a tiny VFD to runs the 3 phase oil pump that circulates oil for the spindle. Mine is quite a bit bigger, 16x40, weighs in a 4000 lbs, full enclosure. I really lucked out finding it, it was inoperative and turned out to be just a bad connection on the edge connector for the video card. It was advertised at $3500, later lowered to $1500, I offered $1000 and got it.

I would say the price is quite high for the one in the ad, betting the seller will be forced to lower his price.