Thread: KO LEE Help

Default KO LEE Help

Hello, I am new to this forum so I hope I put his in the correct section. Anyhow I recently purchased a KO LEE T&C grinder on the back of the machine it says its a model BA962 . I did not get any kind of a operators manual for it and I am wondering if anyone here may have a answer to a question that is puzzling me . From what I have found on the web when you lube this machine you have to fill these wells with way lube inside these little wells are roller wheels, I guess they lube the ways by carrying way lube on the little wheels and i am ok with that however if you open the door on the front of the machine there is a bottle that hangs from a steel pipe, it looks like it is probably a factory setup but i have not saw a lube pump anywhere on the machine, I did take the top table off to clean it up but have not got the bottom table off yet. Has anyone worked with this particular model and maybe able to give me a little incite as to what that bottle is for ? maybe excessive way lube run off ? and what would be a good way lube to use in this ? Thanks in advance.

KO Lee has good book for tool cutter grinder

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Burrman View Post
    Hello, I am new to this forum so I hope I put his in the correct section. Anyhow I recently purchased a KO LEE T&C grinder on the back of the machine it says its a model BA962 . I did not get any kind of a operators manual for it and I am wondering if anyone here may have a answer to a question that is puzzling me . From what I have found on the web when you lube this machine you have to fill these wells with way lube inside these little wells are roller wheels, I guess they lube the ways by carrying way lube on the little wheels and i am ok with that however if you open the door on the front of the machine there is a bottle that hangs from a steel pipe, it looks like it is probably a factory setup but i have not saw a lube pump anywhere on the machine, I did take the top table off to clean it up but have not got the bottom table off yet. Has anyone worked with this particular model and maybe able to give me a little incite as to what that bottle is for ? maybe excessive way lube run off ? and what would be a good way lube to use in this ? Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I guess I will have to try to find one somewhere.

try OWWM

Quote Originally Posted by ken View Post
    try OWWM
    I am affraid i do know know what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Burrman View Post
    I am affraid i do know know what that means.
    I believe he is referring to the group that runs this site:
    http://vintagemachinery.org/home.aspx

They have a number of machine manuals available for download, along with other vintage machinery information.
    George

Thank You, I will be checking into this.