Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT:Do any of you all also suffer from ADHS or Assbergers?

Default OT:Do any of you all also suffer from ADHS or Assbergers?

Maybe I should have worded that do any people around you suffer from your 'ADHS or Assbergers?

Doozer made me think about writing this as he mentioned how he sometimes comes across a little hard or too direct.

My wife is a saint as she has helped me to understand what goes on in my head and she has studied the symptoms of both ADHS and Assbergers of which I have both been diagnosed with by several Doctors. What Doozer writes is often very direct and harsh but I can absolutely relate. My filters are not very good for what I say to people. It has been a long journey to learn not to say exactly what is on my mind. Learning to keep my mouth shut has been a struggle. I have accomplished a lot in my life and been very successful but it definitely has come at a cost in personal relationships. When my former wife was on her death bed with cancer she told me she had never seen me sleep in all the years we were together. That hit me like a ton of bricks when I realized it was true.

I don't like to socialize with people at all. No tolerance to sit and make small talk with anyone. Realizing that just one drink with alcohol totally removed what little bit of filtering I did possess led me to stop drinking any alcohol at all. Best decision I ever made I think. Give me one beer and I might say anything to someone without concern for their feelings. I still think the same things but have learned to not verbalize these thoughts.

Ramble over.......Happy New Year
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

BF,

To me, you don't sound like the kind of person you describe. Your have a perfect sense of humor, always react adequately, and I could never sense any unmotivated aggression coming from you in this virtual world so suitable for it. So, I fail to notice either AssBerger's or even Aspergers' syndrome. But I have to admit that your wife's sister may, possibly, notice the former after she took your camera.

Happy New Year to you and your wonderful girls!

I for sure suffer from this.
    Symptoms vary relating to my stress level.
    My sister is a psychologist and she has diagnosed me
    with this and quite a few other things (LOL).

-D

I think I have a mild case of Asperger syndrome based on past discussions of it here on HSM. While I have never had an official diagnosis of it, I definitely do have a few of the symptoms of it.

I have Metal Illness, Tool influx syndrome, Bitwise Operational Illness, and Computational conundrum OCD.
    Work hard play hard

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
    BF,

To me, you don't sound like the kind of person you describe. Your have a perfect sense of humor, always react adequately, and I could never sense any unmotivated aggression coming from you in this virtual world so suitable for it. So, I fail to notice either AssBerger's or even Aspergers' syndrome. But I have to admit that your wife's sister may, possibly, notice the former after she took your camera.

Happy New Year to you and your wonderful girls!
    Thank you for the kind words but I can be very aggressive. It comes easily to me!
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Undiagnosed but definitely on the spectrum. Throw in some psychopathic tendencies, alcoholism, and schitzophrenia. I'm quite the catch.

The internet is pretty good for me, I get the time between typing and clicking "send" to filter.

I've kinda positioned myself in life so it doesn't affect others, self employed, live rural, etc. I can pick where and when I deal with people.
    Driving is my big trigger. So many ****wits, so few handgrenades.

But at the same time, there's the saying "those people who mind, dont matter and those that matter, don't mind"

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    I have Metal Illness, Tool influx syndrome,.
    Don't let ANYONE tell you that's a problem!

Yes - I plead guilty to a bit of all this. I can let stuff go better now I'm older.

Massive row with my 25yr daughter today - I didn't want her to attack the pedals on her bike without trying to work out which were LH and RH threads. I knew I'd have to fix the damage. "Just think about it a bit" I said. "Give me the wrench," she said.

I dig my heels in, when the right approach should have been "Do what the f*** you like and I'll pick up the pieces". Maybe she has a bit of it too !
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rohart View Post
    Yes - I plead guilty to a bit of all this. I can let stuff go better now I'm older.

Massive row with my 25yr daughter today - I didn't want her to attack the pedals on her bike without trying to work out which were LH and RH threads. I knew I'd have to fix the damage. "Just think about it a bit" I said. "Give me the wrench," she said.

I dig my heels in, when the right approach should have been "Do what the f*** you like and I'll pick up the pieces". Maybe she has a bit of it too !
    No I don't think it would be the right approach to keep quiet. The bitch needs to learn!!!!!