Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping to far away places

Ebay's "cheap" shipping options are still USPS or UPS rates but with a little seller discount.
    "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

A few times a year I buy tooling from Germany and Switzerland, and chocolate from the Netherlands. DHL is definitely the way to go for international shipping. They can be amazingly fast but of course that has a price. Their regular shipping is about the same as a package from NY to LA plus a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
    A few times a year I buy tooling from Germany and Switzerland, and chocolate from the Netherlands. DHL is definitely the way to go for international shipping. They can be amazingly fast but of course that has a price. Their regular shipping is about the same as a package from NY to LA plus a few days.
    I'll have to look at DHL. Currently I just use USPS Priority Insured for International except where USPS won't insure Priority. Some of those places USPS will insure Express. So far I have not had to ship anywhere they would not insure at all. I ship to Oz and Europe modestly often. Most of my Canadian customers use a drop box in the US and hand carry their items over paying the tax at the border. Same with my current customers in Mexico. Some customers have report they don't 100% trust Canadian post. All of my Mexico customers so far have said they don't trust Mexico's postal service.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.