Thread: Anybody interested in Sargon dro parts?

Default Anybody interested in Sargon dro parts?

I picked up a lathe this summer that had been tipped. The back of the display box is damaged but maybe the front or some of the guts could be salvaged to keep another unit operational. The short scale off the crosslide may be useable as well. Kind of hate to toss no longer available parts, but they aren't going to do me any good. If someone can use them, they're yours for the cost of shipping. Speak up if interested. I'm only going to trip over them a few more times before they get tossed.

I need a scale I have one that’s bad, I don’t remember which one it is I will look tomorrow.

Never mind, I got all excited and didn’t read it well. I need scale for Bridgeport clone.

Thanks for your kind offer.

I have an older Enco mill DRO that may be a Sargon.
    I’ll need to wait until the rain, sleet & snow slow down a bit to check.

Great offer! I have an old sargon on my lathe and the cross slide scale is not working but the carriage seems to be fine. Sending PM..

Many thanks to Boostinjdm for carefully packing this and sending it to me. That head unit sure took a whack. But the 1996 unit is a match to my '93.

I'm not sure yet if I'll have to go in and clean the optical surfaces of the scale and what not. But even if so, I'm hopeful that is do-able.