Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snowmobile Spline

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
    Sorry Guys not familiar with terminology of different splines.
    As in, do the raised parts look like a small gear when you look at the end, or do they look like a series of straight keys around the shaft. I was thinking involute from the picture as well but didn't realize what was triggering that until Joe pointed out the traces left from the cutter.
    "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by TGTool View Post
    As in, do the raised parts look like a small gear when you look at the end, or do they look like a series of straight keys around the shaft. I was thinking involute from the picture as well but didn't realize what was triggering that until Joe pointed out the traces left from the cutter.
    Yes it looks like a gear,thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TGTool View Post
    Could be also straight-sided but trapezoidal shape? "exit wound" looks a bit arc shaped but really hard to say from picture.
    Trapezoid and involute tooth can look quite similar on a quick glance.