Thread: TOTALLY OFF TOPIC - Well some metal content

Default TOTALLY OFF TOPIC - Well some metal content

My son is out in the garage working on some shelves and a work bench for my wife. I had other chores to do so I left him to it, and just pop out to see how its going once in a while.

He had some music playing on his cell phone, and it took me a minute to figure out what the heck it was. It was switching back and forth radically in style and genre in one song. Part of it sounded like grunge vocals with a little cleaner metal riff for the instrumental part. Then it would switch to something that sounded like pop with an almost bubblegum feel to it.

I was not at all disturbed by the song, but I am a little worried that I was able to recognize it for what it is. Grunge metal bubblegum pop fusion.

Personally I prefer a Classic Rock and Old Time Rock and Roll. Maybe with a little "Young Country" thrown in for good measure.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Sounds like you both need to man up a lot
    Work hard play hard

I like Folk, Bluegrass, Classical, Blues, Rock, Pop and Jazz. No Heavy Metal or Rap! I have 6000 vinyl records and 3800 CD's Ripped in my computer. No streaming for me.