Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McMaster Cut Me Off

Default McMaster Cut Me Off

Listen to this..... My phone rang a couple weeks ago one morning. The CID said McMaster. I figured it was robo call or spam caller using their number because I had no pending orders, technical follow up's or any reason for them to call me. So I didn't answer it. It rang a couple times again later in the day. So I answered it.
    The guy on the other end identified himself and said he was calling from McMaster in regards to my account.
    He said something like, and I quote, "We've been reviewing your account and I see or it looks like your not happy with our customer service" I asked what do you mean?? I've always been pretty happy with your service as I've been a customer since the early 90's.
    He goes on saying, well there have been a number of calls complaining about shipping and we've sent you several samples over the last ten years. It's clear that your not happy with out service so I think it's best if we just call it quits.... something to that extent.
    I said, hold right there I never had a problem with shipping until sometime in 2017 when you started splitting orders and sending multiple packages for the same order.
    The first time it happened I called and the sales person apoligized and explained that the order came from two different ware houses and credited me for one of the shipping fees and told me I should have only been charged for one package, if it should happen again just call us. Since that time it started happening on almost every order. I told them to please make a note on my account to tell me when I order if things are being shipped from two different locations.
    As far as the samples go, nine times out of ten the sales person offered to send me a sample of a product in question if I was unsure if it would work etc. Were not talking high dollar stuff here. Sometimes it worked out and sometimes it didn't.
    I thought that was good customer service.
    I can only remember asking about samples a couple times.
    There have also been a few damaged item claims in the past where you promptly sent out replacements. This was no fault of mine.
    The guy goes on saying " Na, I think were just going to call it quits with you, it's obvious that your not happy with our service.
    I said OK if that's the way you want it I'll find other sources.

So, does this sound like normal practice from them??? I don't know. The guy sounded pretty arrogant and porky, young piss pot probably.

My guess is maybe this guy was just hired to review accounts and is trying to make a name for himself by cleaning out small dollar customers.

JL..................

You seem like very high maintenance. Samples? "Unsure if it would work", ugh.... I'm surprised they even called.
    Work hard play hard

That does not sound like the McMaster I know.
    Would be interested to find out if it was for real. Did you call them back to find out any more??

Sid

Im with Sid on this one. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

As above comments. Something is not right. I'd verify. I've always been notified if items are coming from two locations.
    Toolznthings

This does not sound like any company I've ever worked for or done business with. If your account is being closed, or they no longer want your business they tell you in writing. If they call, it's to ask how they can do better.
    "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

That doesn't sound like McMaster. Pull up their website, and call them back at one of the customer service phone numbers, and explain what happened.

I'll bet they have been getting a bunch of calls & complaints about this same thing, and that they know that the calls don't originate from them. That's not the way an outfit like McMaster works.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    You seem like very high maintenance. Samples? "Unsure if it would work", ugh.... I'm surprised they even called.
    Pretty much, this!
    Feel free to put me on ignore....

Quote Originally Posted by sid pileski View Post
    Would be interested to find out if it was for real. Did you call them back to find out any more??

Sid
    And this.

I received two orders, while my credit card was expired (didnt realize) they sent me a email stating they sent the parts and wanted payment. I called immediately and paid them. Thanked them for sending the stuff out without payment!
    Feel free to put me on ignore....

Quote Originally Posted by sid pileski View Post

Sid
    It doesn't sound like the company I've done business with for over 20 years either.
    This guy was not very professional when speaking. "Na, I can see your not satisfied with our service. Na, I think it's time to call it quits."

JL..........