Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: McMaster Cut Me Off

I think the OP should just order a $2 item and see if they ship it.

Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    I think the OP should just order a $2 item and see if they ship it.

Yea, and if they ship it to me and charge me $25 shipping should I call and bitch ??

JL....................

San Diego, Ca *** Please let us know where you are from too.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee View Post
    Yea, and if they ship it to me and charge me $25 shipping should I call and bitch ??

JL....................
    No .. thats what got you to where you are now.
    John Titor, when are you.

I frequently let companies know about a problem or praise. Once bought a brake through Grainger and couldn't install it because a part didn't fit. Called the manufacturer for help and they sent a new part overnight for free. Still didn't work so I called them back. I get a call about 4PM from the manufacturer thanking me for calling them in the first place. They didn't call sooner because my problem started a nationwide recall of that brake, a safety item from every Grainger store that had one or had sold one, and they pulled over 1000 of the parts out of inventory because the shop machining the parts drilled a hole on the wrong side! They got me the part made right the next day by overnight delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by daveo View Post
    And this.

I received two orders, while my credit card was expired (didnt realize) they sent me a email stating they sent the parts and wanted payment. I called immediately and paid them. Thanked them for sending the stuff out without payment!
    They did the same thing with me recently. I was blown away that they extended me credit and then billed me. I thought that was the greatest thing you could do for a customer.

elf,
    I try and never order less than about $25 worth of stuff. I know McMaster doesn't have a minimum but $25 is often a min. with other companies and I try and meet that. Usually there are other things I could use that will make up the difference and then I (hopefully) an not being too much of a PITA. I value being able to order from MMC and don't want to give them reasons not to take smaller orders. And I know $25 is still a tiny order.

Quote Originally Posted by daveo View Post
    And this.

I received two orders, while my credit card was expired (didnt realize) they sent me a email stating they sent the parts and wanted payment. I called immediately and paid them. Thanked them for sending the stuff out without payment!
    The same thing happened to me and MMC was quite courteous about it. They next-day-ed a replacement piece of round stock that punched a hole through the box and replaced a new torque wrench that broke a snap ring in it's first couple uses and told me to just toss the broken one.
    Mike Henry near Chicago

It used to be, a couple months ago, that if your stuff was coming from multiple warehouses, you’d see it in your shopping cart (online ordering). It would say “shipping from Cleveland warehouse”, etc. Now it just says “arriving Thursday”. So, if you get shipments from 3 warehouses, you don’t know. This saves them lots of money because they don’t have to duplicate inventory at multiple places, they pass that cost on.. to the customer. I was annoyed the first couple times, but that’s all it took and I got over it. Who does it hurt the most: nickel dimer customers they could live without. That is the sad truth.
    For me, I just try to wait longer between McM orders to offset the shipping adder. Credit to them, however, their shipping charges have always been low. I can’t walk into UPS and send anything ground for less than $13, but Mcm sends my one box for $8 routinely. I recently ordered maybe 50 bushings and they arrived in two boxes from two different warehouses. I got over it because I ordered enough that it wasn’t a big percentage.

MSC ships me stuff from different warehouses all the time, but they don't add to the shipping cost. I pay what shows in my 'cart' at the time of checkout, and its always minimal.

For instance, last week's order was two boxes, shipped from different parts of the country for a total shipping charge of $12.79.
    Last edited by chipmaker4130; 01-14-2019 at 12:06 AM.