Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you all go for end mills?

Default Where do you all go for end mills?

Looking for quality carbide end mills 1/4 - 5/8 inch range. Used to get them from Enco when they had their 20% specials....but alias..

Thanks

Mike

KBC Toronto branch, Incredible personal service, fast shipping.

Most of mine are bought on ebay, if you keep looking, a bargain will turn up. I sometimes buy resharpened and recoated carbides, the exact diameter doesn't matter to me much. Also, I bought some used 6mm solid carbides at about 1 each, and when they arrived and I had a look at them, I immediately bought the rest of their stock. They may not have been new, but I recon they were 90% and great value for HSM use.
    I have bought 20mm solid carbides on ebay for 15 and have several 12mm ones for around 8 to 12.
    Last edited by old mart; 01-08-2019 at 04:14 PM.

MSC, EBAY, Harvey Dealers, YG1, Lake Shore Carbide. I do a lot of aluminum so I always check Ebay for deals on Alu-Power mills.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Ebay

Amazon

ebay
    Andy

I needed a 10 TPI thread mill for a project making some 3/4-10 stainless nuts (special prototypes). The solid carbide tool that size was in the $250 to $350 range across different suppliers. I found a new, top name brand one on Amazon for under $40!!! Got it in 2 days. Pretty Amazin. Parts done, everyone is happy.

I get some good deals on Amazon sometimes and usually better deals on ebay also for some sizes instead of buying from importers like shars etc if I don't need it right now . I buy straight from China. I have bought some I was very surprised at how well they worked for 2 dollar endmills an importer would sell for 15-20 i bought 5 1/4 4 flute hss I expected to be bad but took a gamble for a buck a piece that worked great also got some 1/2 and 12 mm that were good

Default Hmm

If you buy from China though check sizes .I have seen some sellers that will say they are a certain size then send you a metric close to that. I ordered some 1/2 once and the guy sent me 12mm so I asked him for the correct size and explained 1/2 inch and 12 mm are not the same size he just said keep them and gave me a refund