Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Self reflection on our hobbies

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    the answer to that is quite obvious, its the only way to ensure it won't be desperately needed
    To discard..... perchance to need! Aye... there's the rub.....

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

My Dad was a lifetime model railroader. He always had a layout under construction as long as I can remember (early/mid 1950's) until he gave up in frustration when he started losing his sight when he was in his early 80's. He built engines from kits and all his rolling stock and structures from scratch. He gave away everything to a local club that had a layout in the basement of a senior home complex. I was a very sad day for him although he did go the the club for a couple of years until he couldn't drive any more. I still have a nice Shay that he built, a few cars and buildings and gave away his Model Railroading magazine collection spanning 1950 or so to the late 1980's (all boxed by year and cataloged) to the same club when he passed, He certainly enjoyed the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by mikegt4 View Post
    My Dad was a lifetime model railroader. He always had a layout under construction as long as I can remember (early/mid 1950's) until he gave up in frustration when he started losing his sight when he was in his early 80's. He built engines from kits and all his rolling stock and structures from scratch. He gave away everything to a local club that had a layout in the basement of a senior home complex. I was a very sad day for him although he did go the the club for a couple of years until he couldn't drive any more. I still have a nice Shay that he built, a few cars and buildings and gave away his Model Railroading magazine collection spanning 1950 or so to the late 1980's (all boxed by year and cataloged) to the same club when he passed, He certainly enjoyed the hobby.
    It's a pity we don't have a like button.
    well.......here's my LIKE!