Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The "craigslist find" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    Nice Yuasa 14" swing lathe available for $1700. Not much info provided but might be a great deal for someone:
    Don't try and BS us. We know that's your lathe - I see the model airplane tail. Why are you selling it?

That looks like a great deal for someone, especially in that market. The handles and paint suggest it has hardly been used. Might be english-metric. Plus a "collate chuck system". I'm lucky that isn't near me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    Don't try and BS us. We know that's your lathe - I see the model airplane tail. Why are you selling it?

That looks like a great deal for someone, especially in that market. The handles and paint suggest it has hardly been used. Might be english-metric. Plus a "collate chuck system". I'm lucky that isn't near me.
    It's already gone anyway...
    Work hard play hard

Good deal on an older 3-axis ProtoTrak MX3 system here:

https://worcester.craigslist.org/hvo...784877339.html

Work hard play hard

I know I'm a newbie but to be honest, these kinds of threads breath the life blood in newbies. Well, at least this newb. I have the desire and capability to learn but not the funds for a full blown new shop. I literally live on clists all over the country looking for deals. The lack of new blood in a hobby, discipline, etc is a SURE FIRED way to kill it. Therefore, I say thank you ALL for your tireless efforts and heads up!
    On the hunt for ALL things Wade 8a Lathe. If you have ANY leads for parts, tooling, etc. Please send me a private message.

Not your usual CL advert:

--quote--
    Hello, I am a current 4th year medical student who has always enjoyed restoring old hand and power tools. After four years of med school I have come to a point where I have a bit of free time before starting residency and am looking for some projects to work on. While I love both woodworking and metalworking, I no longer have access to machines of my own. My goal is to bring the items back to tip-top shape regardless of condition and eventually use them to get back into wood and metalworking. If anybody has an old drill press, small lathe, bandsaw, shear or anything else that is taking up garage space, and you would like someone to take it off your hands for free- please feel free to reach out. I see posts for such items frequently on craigslist but always seem to miss out on responding early enough. I can promise no machine will ever be sold, I am strictly doing this as a project/hobby.

I am happy to provide a CV / verification as to who I am as well.

Thanks and have a wonderful new year!!!

-Patrick
    --endquote--

https://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/tl...809334950.html

Now it's my turn,,,,,while roaming the halls of Craig's List this morning I found something for all you SouthBend fans. It can be found in the Tools section of the Oregon Coast CL. It looks like it could be a good buy, but my wife would disown me and I don't have room or the need for one. It is a 16" SouthBend Tool Room Lathe. Lots of photos and description. Question, why call it a Tool Room Lathe.

I have no idea if the Southbend 14's are any good, but this one has been available for awhile with a DRO, 5C collet closer, 3 Jaw, 4 Jaw, etc. for $3k...

https://worcester.craigslist.org/tls...797536654.html

Work hard play hard

The Southbend looks good, only thing missing is the toolpost.

Now here is a rare beast. Way too expensive for me. https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/t...803182985.html From the ad copy:

I have a brand new, never used South Bend 10K UMD lathe (catalog number CL 370RDA) purchased in 11/1984. The original owner was a friend of my parents, and he was in his 80's when he decided it was time to start downsizing. He bought this lathe because it made him happy just to look at it. He never ever turned on the motor, because he didn't even take the time to figure out how it worked. Single phase 110v AC.
    Chance of a life time to own a piece of machinist history. An item like this probably will never again come up for sale. With this lathe you don't have to worry about what kind of abuse it was subjected to, or if reconditioned, was it done properly or was it done by a used care salesman.
    Serious buyers only, and to arrange inspection of the lathe, only time available is M-F 9am - 5pm. Located in North Seattle. Cash only. $11,000. Email any questions and to set up an appointment for a viewing.

Shipping not included.

Free vintage lathe on Sam Francisco Craigslist.
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/hvo...813124118.html

Not associated in anyway. I do wish I had contacts near there though!!
    On the hunt for ALL things Wade 8a Lathe. If you have ANY leads for parts, tooling, etc. Please send me a private message.