Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: po pholk splines

Default po pholk splines

I don't know if this will work as use.com has changed since the last time i tried to use it.

Nope - won't work no wonder why i have not sent any pics - I used to be able to just use the site but now they want to send a special link to my e-mail addy and when I go back to the site I have 4 or 5 options and copy and paste here but none of them work,

also can't sign up because they have to send a text to my phone number and all i have is a land line so can't receive their stupid text verification code... little by little the old school guys are getting squeaked out of society
    Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 01-23-2019 at 03:42 PM.

well the pics won't transfer but a link does and the pics are tiny - nothing ever works for me it's like the universe won't let it.

First off check the file size of your pictures. What you're taking the pictures with might be set for a rather small file size. The camera I use is set to 640x360 pixels which is OK for web size. Not much good for fine details but makes for faster loading. File size is generally around 135K which produces a picture on the screen that is roughly 1/4 the width of the screen.

Or maybe you're uploading the thumbnails seen on the File Manager preview instead of the actual picture file?

All my recent pics are loaded into HSM's site. It took a while to get used to it what with the couple of extra steps but it goes pretty quick. It's a bit of a three step procedure. First is to click on and upload the pictures through the little dialog box one at a time. When that's done hit the "Done" button and you'll go to a new screen where you can add a different title if wanted. Then click the "Save Changes" which should move the pics to your album. Then click on the picture and click on the "img" line of code and either use Ctl-C or right click and select "copy". In your post either Ctl-V or right click and "paste". to put the image link into the message.

thanks for the advise but tried the pics in a different area (the album itself) and still the same deal - my pics are 640X640

im just a dim bulb when it comes to this stuff :-(

You're not following the instructions. Yeah, I know, it's a guy thing but if you don't follow the instructions it won't work. It's a silly procedure but you have to tell it when you're done AND tell it to save your updates.

Look for those key words in hard to read or grayed-out text.
    Last edited by CCWKen; 01-23-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    thanks for the advise but tried the pics in a different area (the album itself) and still the same deal - my pics are 640X640

im just a dim bulb when it comes to this stuff :-(
    Didn't happen without pictures

hey it worked - you have to copy the print not the pic (duh my bad)

So - anyways- iv done these before and posted them but they were for the shaft ends and I just took an endmill and plunge cut the ends on both pieces at the same time with the bolt hole calc,

this was different as it was in the center of a shaft for a sun gear of a planetary system,

so I put the shaft in an indexer and used a 1/8" ball endmill, you have to go deeper than .0625" in the shaft part due to the radius of the shaft making the dowels shallow on the ends (you want maximum circumference on BOTH the gear and the shaft piece so it means going shallower on the gear and more on the shaft...

After I cut the shaft I then just held the gear and plunge cut the difference minus the extra depth I put into the shaft,,, I added .002" just to make sure things would fit and im glad i did cuz its just right...

This is a real solution to many of drive problems and is dirt cheap and strong as all hell...