Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife wants to move...

Default Wife wants to move...

As soon as I finished hanging my shelves, and about to have a contractor install an A/C unit in the garage, she wants to move to Melbourne, FL.
    I told her only if the new house is going to have a GIANT workshop and NO HOA. Guess this is really a good thing...

After the pictures in the other thread, I expected her to want to go to Tokyo.

Dan
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Quote Originally Posted by danlb View Post
    After the pictures in the other thread, I expected her to want to go to Tokyo.

Dan
    It pisses her off that I am the "homebody" that simply wants to stay in his shop and just be home all the time, and she is the one that yearns to see the world. I get to do it every month and be paid to do it. It is really a sick, incredulous joke played on our spouses. In a couple of days I'll be spending the morning in Hawaii before flying home.

Where do you live now? Why Melbourne Florida? That is an awful place. The weather is terrible. Humidity off the scale. Landscape is the worst. Bugs galore. Snakes. Alligators. And it is full of retirement villages. Can you say wrinkle village!!!! Hurricanes. Trailer parks everywhere. Don't do it.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Don't say that, he may want to move to Texas.

Too many flippin people here in florida! Everywhere we go there is a line. Shopping is like black friday every day.
    Andy

I don't see the problem...let her move.

You should come back to New England. Yea, the winters can be a little chilly but I would always prefer too cold than too hot. Get yourself a nice place for chill'n in the winter time and spring rolls back around before you even know it.
    Work hard play hard

Arcane, I was going to say that but then decided not to. Was my first thought though.

3 Phase, Yeah New England is OK and I am in a fairly rural part, (western R.I.) and I have a nice tight house and basement shop isn't hard to heat. To me the worst thing about this area is the salt and other chemicals they insist on using on the roads. Terrible for vehicles. I try and not go out in it. This year so far so good on that.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    You should come back to New England. Yea, the winters can be a little chilly but I would always prefer too cold than too hot. Get yourself a nice place for chill'n in the winter time and spring rolls back around before you even know it.
    It's a little chilly also here on the prairies today with a minus 50Fo windchill factor this morning.