Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting to hide "This message is hidden because (the fool) is on your ignore list."?

Default Setting to hide "This message is hidden because (the fool) is on your ignore list."?

Yeah, I finally put a major irritant on the ignore list. It makes it SO easy to ignore the posts that were worthless at best, annoying at their worst.

The problem is that for every post there is a place holder that says "This message is hidden because [DELETED] is on your ignore list." It's somewhat intrusive when the ignored person posts more than anyone else on the site.

Is there a VBulletin setting to turn that notice off? I have not found one yet.
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

it's to stop you from forgetting you are ignoring him.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside53 View Post
    it's to stop you from forgetting you are ignoring him.
    Ha Ha Ha

I find it easier just to demonstrate some self restraint. Those ignore lists seem too much like a self imposed time-out.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

I don't ignore,but view it as a social experiment... constantly reminds me how amazed I am how different some can be hiding behind their keyboard and what they would be face-to-face. Happens everywhere even at work (gets stamped out pretty quickly there).

Oh I forgot to say I'm way nicer by keyboard than in person?

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Ha Ha Ha

I find it easier just to demonstrate some self restraint. Those ignore lists seem too much like a self imposed time-out.
    I wish it were that simple, but after a while I find it hard to ignore the sniping and insults. It's better to use ignore lists than it is to put George in the position of addressing one or both parties.
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Quote Originally Posted by danlb View Post
    I wish it were that simple, but after a while I find it hard to ignore the sniping and insults. It's better to use ignore lists than it is to put George in the position of addressing one or both parties.
    THIS x2. Im a member on PM also but I prefer to hang out here because its a bit more laid back. I can get all the craziness and sniping you would want at work, and I even pay to drive there...

Yup self restraint is not always all that easy.
    As an example I have absolutely no comprehension or give any significance to the term when I'm in a tool store.
    Even with a wallet full of last months Visa slips as a reminder I shouldn't go there...again.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Yup self restraint is not always all that easy.
    As an example I have absolutely no comprehension or give any significance to the term when I'm in a tool store.
    Even with a wallet full of last months Visa slips as a reminder I shouldn't go there...again.
    I hear ya, and can understand. I used to have a daily commute of 1 hour each way, except for Friday when it would turn into a 3 hours drive if someone had a fender bender. Instead of sitting still on the freeway I'd pass the time by dropping in at the local Frys or Home depot or Harbor Freight. I did not need another tool, but it was a way to pass the time. I gave up when I got to the point where I already owned anything that looked interesting in two of the three stores.

I do not think that the vBulletin software has that setting. As for getting their attention to have it added, good luck. I have written to them more than once suggesting that there be a SINGLE click at the BOTTOM of the page to take you back to the board you are presently viewing. Never even got an acknowledgement. I suspect they are not interested in the views or desires of the actual people who post on the boards that use their software, only in suggestions that come from the purchasers. I am not sure that they would even pay any attention to George if he requested something as he is only the moderator, not the person who purchased the software.

Typical computer geeks. We know best and it is our way or the highway.
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

You know there's a problem when they phone you to see if you can help them replenish their stock until their next delivery shows up.