Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Work Holding in Vertical Bandsaw

Default Work Holding in Vertical Bandsaw

I set up a 5" Chuck for holding a variety of items for cutting or slitting on my Vertical Bandsaw.It works very good and keeps fingers away from the blade,it doesn't have to be round what ever the jaws will grip works.

Damn, that's *genius*!! Thanks, I gotta steal that idea... don't have a bandsaw at home yet, but someday I will...

Brilliant! But I'd like to see a sample setup. I'm confused by all the handles.

Quote Originally Posted by CCWKen View Post
    Brilliant! But I'd like to see a sample setup. I'm confused by all the handles.
    It's simple! The two handles are to move it around. The wheel is a glorified chuck key. The round thing with the slits is a , er, um.... Round! Ok. Maybe we need that sample setup you mentioned.
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

I think I get it now. All those knobs and whirly gigs are embellishments.

Thanks guys it is so handy I use it lots.In first pic is a expanding plug that I slit on the bandsaw,it goes in the spindle bore on back of my Lathe to hold a depth tool for machining multiple peices.Before I slit the plug I tapped with 3/8" NC Tapered Tap and you simply tighten the set screws to expand the plug.

The second pic shows external jaws that needs clearance from the frame for jaw changes.
    Third pic is what I built for,shorting bolts but have found many other uses for it.
    Fourth pic is a work jaw I built for pushing material in to blade,also can be used with power feed.

I used a peice of 12" I beam to build Chuck Holder,I cut it the bandsaw then used boring head in Mill to get Chuck as low to the table as possible as is shown in 2nd pic.

I like that, both of them!

I have a fence and a rounded guide block on the fence so I can follow or lead the blade to cut in straight lines. Used by woodworkers when resawing.
    Last edited by lakeside53; 02-03-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Hi great idea much safer than some of the setups I have seen. Now where did I put that 12 inch joist

+1, OOH, me like!

+2.
    Sweet.Very sweet.