Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: The European governing body for horse training licensing.

Default OT: The European governing body for horse training licensing.

The European governing body for horse trainer and instructor licensing waived the minimum age requirement for our daughter. The minimum age is 18 to start taking the tests. Our daughter is 16 and they told her she could start taking the tests now and pass them now but she won't receive her "Diploma's" until she turns 18. She has participated in two courses for people her age already. At both courses they told her that she could probably teach them more than they could teach her. She doesn't want to become a horse trainer as her profession. She just likes working with her own horses and so this is just something she wanted to do. She had told the instructors that she would go on and get her trainers license's later when she was older. The instructors must have told that to the board or whoever because they contacted us to let us know if she wanted to she could start now. We thought that was nice for her.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

So she is a 'passed midshipman' in naval terms.

Congratulations, and good for her. Encourage her to get the licenses now, if she has the time and resources. Even if she just keeps it as a feather in her cap. It's going to be much easier to do it now, if everything is within grasp, than tomorrow when she is focused on whatever tomorrow brings.

Does the license have a "continuing education" requirement? many do.

Anyhow, that sounds like a good deal.... qualifications are always good, get them when you can. There is usually no downside.

Is she interested in any career involving animals? or going a completely different direction?

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by J Tiers View Post
    Does the license have a "continuing education" requirement? many do.

Anyhow, that sounds like a good deal.... qualifications are always good, get them when you can. There is usually no downside.

Is she interested in any career involving animals? or going a completely different direction?
    Yes there is a continuing education requirement but it is not very demanding time wise.

She is not certain what she will do career wise. She could do anything she would like to pursue actually. She has the smarts and the physical abilities to do whatever she might want to do. I have a feeling she will go in the direction of being a Veterinarian unless she discovers a way to make a career out of being a Harry Potter fan!
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

BF, your daughter has once again demonstrated what an exceptional young woman she is. Tell her I'm impressed! I'm also surprised that any 'governing body', especially in Europe, had the good sense and courage to waive a requirement. Bet that doesn't happen much.

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker4130 View Post
    BF, your daughter has once again demonstrated what an exceptional young woman she is. Tell her I'm impressed! I'm also surprised that any 'governing body', especially in Europe, had the good sense and courage to waive a requirement. Bet that doesn't happen much.
    Thank you. I have learned a lot from her!

I was also surprised about it.

Congrats! Sounds like you'll be shovel'n horse **** for awhile
    Work hard play hard

That's really good on her !

I'm sure she's thought about vet work ? There's a good income to be made in equine veterinary.

We'll be booted out of that organisation soon I'm afraid over the channel here.

[Edit - Oops - didn't read the whole thread - at least I was on track with my thoughts.]
    Last edited by rohart; 02-05-2019 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Oops
    Richard

Although, to me, "The European governing body for horse training licensing" sounds similar to "The Dept. of Podiatry of The World Government", please accept my congrats for raising such a good child.
    Last edited by MichaelP; 02-06-2019 at 12:14 AM.