Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O.T. Art people are just plain loony

Default O.T. Art people are just plain loony

Just when you think you seen it all, 1.4 million half way through the shredder just after purchased,,,

but hey don't fret - their saying it could be worth more now lol

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shredder-...214138315.html

I'm not sure if it's the same as the one that self shredded months ago, but I'd be a little upset if I just spent a wad for something that self destructs.
    Work hard play hard

that's just mildly touched....looney is Manzoni's canned $hit or Duchamp's urinal

I occasionally do some welded metal art... I was asked to contribute a piece for an exhibition. I didn't have anything in progress, so I went out to the scrap heap, found two peices of metal, and welded them together into a kind of tripod with a lump off on one side. Called it "Three Legged Dog". People loved it. Eventually I revealed that it was just welded scrap, and people started saying things such as "the art came from recognizing the potential in the scrap" or "the scrap was elevated to the level of art by the mind of the artist and the act of naming".

So, I let them call it art, sold it for $150, and took home a little over $100 (less gallery fees).

Dan's obviously in denial after finding out that he's really a good artist ?
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_the_Chemist View Post
    I occasionally do some welded metal art... I was asked to contribute a piece for an exhibition. I didn't have anything in progress, so I went out to the scrap heap, found two peices of metal, and welded them together into a kind of tripod with a lump off on one side. Called it "Three Legged Dog". People loved it. Eventually I revealed that it was just welded scrap, and people started saying things such as "the art came from recognizing the potential in the scrap" or "the scrap was elevated to the level of art by the mind of the artist and the act of naming".

So, I let them call it art, sold it for $150, and took home a little over $100 (less gallery fees).
    What does that come out to per pound? And everybody is saying scrap is down right now. You just need to weld it all together lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_the_Chemist View Post

WOW i have to admit that's pretty cool looking - but im so bad with dusting stuff as is and that's dusting X1000

I thought it was bloody brilliant.

That is not a three legged dog, it clearly has four.