Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wire termination crimping tool?

I just love tracing a wire cutting it repeatedly hoping to find the black interior changes to copper color before it disappears to the unreachable..

Ive been buying from Ferrules Direct for years. I have one of their basic ferrule crimpers myself and we bought 3 more for use at work. Work fine. W have some of the really expensive ferrule crimpers at work and these are just as good, better for small wires.

Quote Originally Posted by macona View Post
    Ive been buying from Ferrules Direct for years. I have one of their basic ferrule crimpers myself and we bought 3 more for use at work. Work fine.
    Are you talking about Snap-n-Crimp? http://www.ferrulesdirect.com/Mercha...de=SNAPONTOOLS

Now I need to find here in Germany all the actual connectors and ferrules I need. Do you all think it is better to buy the bare ferrules and use heat shrink after the crimp or can you actually buy the ferrules/connectors with heat shrink already on them?
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Great technical advice. I am old so a good wire wrap on a post worked very well..
    Yes, 70s tech, solly, Im a 70s kid. JR

P.S> I like all the advice given and researched about.

That is why I like this forum. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Quote Originally Posted by Black Forest View Post
    Now I need to find here in Germany all the actual connectors and ferrules I need. Do you all think it is better to buy the bare ferrules and use heat shrink after the crimp or can you actually buy the ferrules/connectors with heat shrink already on them?
    Never seen "bootlace ferrules" with heat shrink and there is probably not much benefit to use heat shrink with them.
    Terminal connectors are available with heat shrink but those are yet another can of worms... appears some of them would need slightly different crimping dies. Plus they are rare and really costly if you buy any brand make.

TME (Poland) has pretty good selection, prices are usually very reasonable and they tell you make/model/spec

https://www.tme.eu/en/katalog/connec...ul&s_order=ASC

And if you expect your "machine" to see salt spray (or manure...) you should use cable with tinned copper strands.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post
    Never seen "bootlace ferrules" with heat shrink and there is probably not much benefit to use heat shrink with them.
    Terminal connectors are available with heat shrink but those are yet another can of worms... appears some of them would need slightly different crimping dies. Plus they are rare and really costly if you buy any brand make.

TME (Poland) has pretty good selection, prices are usually very reasonable and they tell you make/model/spec

https://www.tme.eu/en/katalog/connec...ul&s_order=ASC

And if you expect your "machine" to see salt spray (or manure...) you should use cable with tinned copper strands.
    Thank you for the link. That is exactly what I needed. And not all my machines get ****ty!!!!
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!