Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wire termination crimping tool?

I am guessing hundreds, not thousands of crimps. The price doesn't bother me for what I want. Put the ferrule on the end of the wire and then mash down on the handles of my super duper crimpers as hard as I can, next!!! That is what I want.
    Last edited by Black Forest; 02-06-2019 at 03:08 PM.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Forest View Post
    What should I buy? Is Knipex a good brand? Is there a better brand?
    Better question would be is there cheaper acceptable brand

50 to 300 euros per pliers for the small ones(need five), one medium sized Klauke for up to 50mm2 (500 eur) and hydraulic Klauke crimper for up to 300mm2 (2000 eur)

These actually cover a lot:
    https://www.weidinger.eu/en/shop/too...pliers/wl27692

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post

50 to 300 euros per pliers for the small ones(need five), one medium sized Klauke for up to 50mm2 (500 eur) and hydraulic Klauke crimper for up to 300mm2 (2000 eur)

I don't think I need the hydraulic crimper or the medium sized Klauke. So I ammend my first statement. Just relatively small wires need to be crimped!
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post

Perfect, thank you. Tomorrow I will order the one in the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Forest View Post
    I don't think I need the hydraulic crimper or the medium sized Klauke. So I ammend my first statement. Just relatively small wires need to be crimped!
    These should cover everything you need in that case:
    edit: I'm late to the party

I have kept looking at the Lidl wire crimping set for £7-99, the crimp pliers look super sophisticated ratchet crimps, and the price can't be beaten, I have used many of their budget tools, and with the three year warranty, you cant't go wrong at that price. the problem is I probably have 6 or 7 sets of crimping pliers, which is completely overkill for my occasional use, now I have retired from the industry, and have become a full time tinkerer and builder of odd machines!
    !

Quote Originally Posted by hermetic View Post
    I have kept looking at the Lidl wire crimping set for £7-99, the crimp pliers look super sophisticated ratchet crimps, and the price can't be beaten, I have used many of their budget tools, and with the three year warranty, you cant't go wrong at that price. the problem is I probably have 6 or 7 sets of crimping pliers, which is completely overkill for my occasional use, now I have retired from the industry, and have become a full time tinkerer and builder of odd machines!
    !
    Do you need my address for your overkill?

Last edited by hermetic; 02-06-2019 at 03:39 PM.

I've crimped hundreds of ferrules with one of these. https://goo.gl/images/44LnSU
    It's automatic and krimps up to 6mm^2 and leaves a nice hexagon compact finish. There is also a square type.
    Helder Ferreira
    Setúbal, Portugal