Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to make 200 (actually only 96) button style drawer bumpers UPDATE

Default I need to make 200 (actually only 96) button style drawer bumpers UPDATE

Follow up to this post http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...ere-s-my-ideas

I ended up buying the bumpers from McMaster per link provided by JT. This is what the cabinet looks like.

Here some of the bumpers are installed. The outside bumpers aren't too bad to get in but the inside ones are a bugger.

This is a 1951 dental cabinet my wife and I found at an antique shop. It had just arrived and was still setting outside when we drove in. I have a feeling it wouldn't have lasted very long. It's made from heavy gage metal and all drawers can be locked via a hidden key lock tumbler. It also has a small vault lined with lead, including the lid. Very nice cabinet and in great shape.

Nice find, full extension drawers? Stu

That is way cool! I had in my mind to say it looked 50s retro but you cleared that up in the description. Nice find! You get a suckage for that but I'm holding back full suckage unless it was it was a steel-steal.

Added:
    Oh yeah, you can keep your TIG sticks in the lead-lined vault.
    Last edited by CCWKen; 02-07-2019 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Addition

That's a cool looking cabinet. I love the old stuff with rounded corners. It's just much more pleasing to the eye. That looks like it would make a great machinist box with the many shallow drawers. I'd love to find something like that for work.

My roll around box at work is an old Beach with rounded corners. I looked for a long time to find one, and would like to repaint and clean it up a bit more one day. My only gripe is that the old boxes didn't have ball bearing slides. Minor annoyance, but a guy can get used to that kind of luxury and make it tough to go back....

My wife picked me up 2 stainless medical cabinets about that size from work a couple years ago, but they are not as visually appealing as that one. They were getting rid of the one they had in her dept for a new plastic one and my wife asked if she could have it. Then a couple weeks later her boss found another one in the hospital and asked my wife If I wanted that one too to match .

Very art deco.
    Very, very nice.
    Nice colour too.

Nice cabinet. Lead vault is for storing the unexposed Dental Xray films in. Those days they were a bit Gung Ho about where Xray beams got to but they knew they had to protect the unexposed films.

Cool item. and in SUPER condition. I remember those cabinets.....

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by J Tiers View Post
    Cool item. and in SUPER condition. I remember those cabinets.....
    I care not to remember those cabinets! Back then my Dentist didn't use Novacaine.

Beautiful cabinets!

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
    I care not to remember those cabinets! Back then my Dentist didn't use Novacaine.

Beautiful cabinets!
    You had this dentist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
    He was more scientific, he used gray noise through head phones instead of Novocaine. To this day I'm petrified of Dentists!