Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Chinese Legos

Default OT Chinese Legos

Ordered a crane on Banggood for $42, a Mitu brand Lego set. What can I say? I am blown away at how good the quality is, just ordered a second one.
    1984 vs 2019. There is no comparison, the new Chinese set is works better. Old one is pneumatic, new one is leadscrew linear actuator.
    They just raised the price to $52. Still a good deal. 100% compatible.

Last edited by RB211; 02-07-2019 at 05:24 PM.

F-IT!!!! I'm getting the Legos out of storage.. You shouldn't be the only one having fun with Legos again!!
    Work hard play hard

Uh..the Lego crane is 30 years old.

I liked the Erector Sets better. Real steel. Real screws and nuts. Pulleys! Etc. Manly stuff and a good lead in to machine shop work. I never had Legos. Plastic, yuck!
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

30 year old crane? Things probably not even certified to lift anymore....

I'm a lego purist . Wife bought the kids a counterfeit "brick building" set a couple years ago, and I cringe when I come across one of the blocks while playing with the kids. They just don't fit the same, and the colours are off. I'm sure they're not all like that, but I try and weed them out whenever I find one. That being said she did buy a bunch of big plates, and other assorted stuff like that, that does fit great and provide useful things that lego doesn't actually make.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
    30 year old crane? Things probably not even certified to lift anymore....

I'm a lego purist . Wife bought the kids a counterfeit "brick building" set a couple years ago, and I cringe when I come across one of the blocks while playing with the kids. They just don't fit the same, and the colours are off. I'm sure they're not all like that, but I try and weed them out whenever I find one. That being said she did buy a bunch of big plates, and other assorted stuff like that, that does fit great and provide useful things that lego doesn't actually make.
    The quality of the parts is amazing, don't think you could tell a difference, except maybe some parts are actually better?
    I have a Sbrick, maybe I'll motorize the next one and have it bluetooth controlled from the phone...

Meh.. let the commies keep their counterfeit crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
    I liked the Erector Sets better. Real steel. Real screws and nuts. Pulleys! Etc. Manly stuff and a good lead in to machine shop work. I never had Legos. Plastic, yuck!
    Me too. We are showing our age.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
    Me too. We are showing our age.
    You mean you prefer metal, and you say this on a metal working forum? I am shocked!

Quote Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
    You mean you prefer metal, and you say this on a metal working forum? I am shocked!
    Imagine that! LOL!