Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT Chinese Legos

I didnt have either. No linkin logs, erector set or legos, too poor. But my friend had the erector sets. Man those were fun. Endless what you could build.

I inherited my son's legos when he moved out. All loose. He has a set that you program on a computer and it has sensors and stuff. Pretty interesting. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

The chinese lego quality has really get better compared to what it used to be. I was also suprised to see how good they are after wifey bought one set.

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    I didnt have either. No linkin logs, erector set or legos, too poor. But my friend had the erector sets. Man those were fun. Endless what you could build.

I inherited my son's legos when he moved out. All loose. He has a set that you program on a computer and it has sensors and stuff. Pretty interesting. JR
    Me neither,by the time I was Lego aged I was already playing with the real stuff that had real bolts
    I just need one more tool,just one!

I had Lego's, Erector sets and whatever those round wooden discs with holes drilled in them and the sticks you could insert into them were called,

I don't get the modern crane - it looks totally pre-fab like it's just buy it and that's that, I thought lego's were piece things together and build your own design??? the older crane looks like there might be some of that going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    I had Lego's, Erector sets and whatever those round wooden discs with holes drilled in them and the sticks you could insert into them were called,

I don't get the modern crane - it looks totally pre-fab like it's just buy it and that's that, I thought lego's were piece things together and build your own design??? the older crane looks like there might be some of that going on ?
    The new crane has just as much "Lego Technic" inside of it, actually more. More types of gears, more types of pins with different functions/properties, more engineering. The older one has pneumatic which is cool, but the new one has a linear actuator and bevel gears to drive it. What you are talking about is the plastic shroud pieces that make it look more prefab. If I was to take them off, it would look like the old one but with more gears, linkages, etc.

so are the gears and linkages variable with where they fit? you mean you design your own lift/leverage system? or are they also "pre-fab" and only can be built one way?

so are the gears and linkages variable with where they fit? you mean you design your own lift/leverage system? or are they also "pre-fab" and only can be built one way?
    You can follow the directions, or make your own creation with the parts. It's an open sandbox, what ever you can dream up. It's like using CAD with "Snap to Grid", meaning that you don't have infinite ability to place a shaft wherever you want, it has to go through a hole, and the pieces have to snap together like any other Lego set, and the gears need to mesh.

Hmmm, sounds interesting, as long as there's room for a multitude of variables I think it's still holding true to it's original design which included tons of imagination, it's hard for me to grasp that with all that "pre-fab" external shell that you can still find room for that kind of internal expansion as everything external would still have to fit right, perhaps some of the challenge ?

Quote Originally Posted by softtail View Post
    Meh.. let the commies keep their counterfeit crap.
    Exactly.
    People moan about the Chinese, on here a helluva lot, but when it comes to being selfish, to saving some moollah, some bucks, hell, even 50%, they will be all over the counterfeit stuff.
    Sod the Danish.
    And copyright laws.
    But when it comes to buying 'Mercan tools & tooling....
    Pot. Kettle. Black.

Tinker Toys