Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Site blocked

Playing with some free online proxy server I get the Dell Sonicwall geoblock on kodiak cutting tools website if it looks like I'm from Czech or Finland but pass trough if I switch to US ip.

Thanks for that info Matt.

Last time I looked at the Sonicwall firewalls they did not support that feature. It was outgoing blocking only. Amazing how much things change in only 7 years. Must be getting old.
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Quote Originally Posted by H380 View Post
    Yea. It is the lack of HTTPS availability on this site. It cost $$$
    I have to agree with this. With out all the spiff balling. A very simple and widely use protocol is https. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

This is not happening at the company. It's at home and there is no special firewall protection other than the ISP's router.

Using the same device and Opera browser, the site works fine
    Last edited by Noitoen; 02-10-2019 at 05:18 AM.
    Helder Ferreira
    Setúbal, Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Noitoen View Post
    This is not happening at the company. It's at home and there is no special firewall protection other than the ISP's router.

Using the same device and Opera browser, the site works fine
    Doesn't make sense this way but it looks like Sonic Firewall has option to block based on web browser used.
    My guess is that HSM ISP is running Sonic on some weird settings, throwing some non-US users to black list accidentally. When I had the problem at home one of my laptops was working and iPad and "main" computer were blocked.
    Similar oddities happen sometimes with email servers, once our company/ISP mail server was placed accidentally to some wordwide spam prevention blacklist and our emails wouldn't go anywhere! After the ISP fiqured out the problem it took hours to days for the servers to "clear" from the blacklists as different operators update their databases at different times.

The past few hours it's been impossible to view the site. All the devices, including the GSM connection were receiving the same blocked information. Only now I was able to log on at home with Opera which was also blocked before

Is there anyone else with this problem?
    Helder Ferreira
    Setúbal, Portugal

Sorry for the slow reply to this. I was out sick the last few days. IT has been alerted and will be looking into this.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by George Bulliss View Post
    Sorry for the slow reply to this. I was out sick the last few days. IT has been alerted and will be looking into this.
    Thanks.
    It's happening today, all day. Tried different machines with different browsers in different locations and all blocked. I arrived home and on this tablet, Chrome blocks but Opera that was blocking yesterday is working fine now.
    Helder Ferreira
    Setúbal, Portugal

Thanks. I'll pass that info along.
    I was told that an attack this weekend on some of our WordPress sites resulted in IT putting up a huge block to stop the attacks and give them time to figure things out, blocking many unaffected sites in the process. Supposedly, the block has been lifted and all should be back to normal now, but they are likely doing some tinkering. It sounded as though a more permanent fix was going to take some time.
    George

I've been blocked for a few days with the same message but (obviously) I'm unblocked now. Thanks George!

Charles