Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Buying Firearms (Long Arms) in the US & Export

Default OT: Buying Firearms (Long Arms) in the US & Export

At this point, specifically the US, but I could go international.

Looking for period-correct firearms of the WW vintage.
    M1 Garand are rare here and those that do come up have been chopped and changed. I really don't know much about buying online, is Ebay or Craigslist a sensible place to look? Does anyone know what US-side paperwork needs to be done for outbound firearms?

May in future be looking for Arisaka, Lebel, M14, Carcano, K98 etc but at this stage looking for yank guns

Ebay and Craigslist have a policy against selling guns.

There are rules about exporting guns, but I can't remember what they are. If I recall correctly, it's a crime punishable by prison time.

There are MANY other countries with no restrictions on gun sales. I suggest that you search them out. WWI era guns are scattered all over the world.

Dan
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

It's possible but you'd be far better off asking on a firearms forum. I believe for such things that a seller in the US would have to go through an Federal Firearms License dealer. And not all of them will want to handle export sales. But folks on the firearms forums should have a better idea of who might be able to do this for you.

What about NZ? Do you have your ducks in a row for importation already?

I think you wanted this page of the site. JR

I have a limited knowledge of guns and missiles from my six years in the Navy as a Firecontrolman... Missiles are more fun..

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/forums/8-Gunsmithing
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Quote Originally Posted by BCRider View Post
    It's possible but you'd be far better off asking on a firearms forum. I believe for such things that a seller in the US would have to go through an Federal Firearms License dealer. And not all of them will want to handle export sales. But folks on the firearms forums should have a better idea of who might be able to do this for you.

What about NZ? Do you have your ducks in a row for importation already?
    I didn't really want to sign up for another forum, I figured that there are americans here, and they have guns, they might know a thing about it, thus the query. But it may yet come to signing up on their forum, is there one you'd recommend?

As far as importing, that's no problem the Police (who handle our licensing/vetting) sign off mport permits (wth sufficient reason, and "there's none in the bloody country" is a good reason!)

You may be right and I need to talk to a FFL.

Quote Originally Posted by danlb View Post
    Ebay and Craigslist have a policy against selling guns.

There are rules about exporting guns, but I can't remember what they are. If I recall correctly, it's a crime punishable by prison time.
    Right, well you can see the extent of my ignorance on the matter then!

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    I think you wanted this page of the site. JR

I have a limited knowledge of guns and missiles from my six years in the Navy as a Firecontrolman... Missiles are more fun..

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/forums/8-Gunsmithing
    I figured the thread would get more exposure here, but if a mod thinks it would be best there then can they move it please?

I'm pretty sure missiles are illegal here, but I'd sure love to have a turn on some

I suspect there are a fair number of gun owners on this forum, but trading firearms across international borders is a whole different realm that most folks rarely if ever get involved with. I don't know for sure, but I'd bet it can get complicated pretty quickly and the cost of screwing up is likely high.

Have a look around this website. Most sellers are FFL dealers and there is a vast assortment of different guns and accessories. No need to join the site to look. There may be export information there but I didn't look.
    M1 rifles are plentiful. https://www.gunbroker.com/

I will bet that if you find a dealer willing to export the shipping costs will be extremely high.

If you really want to buy a firearm from the US best get a Dealer experienced in handling the paperwork. Cheerys Fine Guns in Greensboro NC does a lot of it and details on their web site.

May seem you can handle it yourself and technically you can, however many expensive pitfalls likely to run the cost way over expected.

Boats