Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT: Your dorkiest picture contest :)

Quote Originally Posted by jmm03 View Post
    the dog looks embarrassed...
    Yeah, I noticed his reluctance to face the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
    Hey 3PL, the OP said most Dorkiest, not most narcissistic.
    See what I mean? Zooooommmmm

Work hard play hard

Quote Originally Posted by PStechPaul View Post
    Prizes, if any, to be determined. I'll go first - can anyone beat this? I double-dog dare you!
    I think I may have you. I call this shot "The Ugly Family". I'm on the right. I want to say the dog is only one of us not at rock bottom, but that's not true. Both my brother and I sported gigantic afros in HS. It was the 70's.

Gelflex that's far from ugly - so you were missing a front tooth, nothing out of the ordinary there lol

that's actually a cool pic of you all and one to treasure, back in the day i had a head of hair that was totally out of control - no rhyme or reason to it as I think the main thing was just to try and make my Dad upset...

(once again though it looks like the dog does not want to be associated with anyone lol )

Skunkworks is in second place - all others are not even close. That picture was taken around 1961 or 1962, when I was about 11 or 12, and probably on our way to or just back from church. I hated getting dressed up and especially wearing a tie, because it felt tight around my neck. I was in junior high school, probably 8th grade, and I was younger than most of the other kids because I skipped 5th grade. I was OK with that, but it had unfortunate social consequences, especially for a somewhat autistic boy, and I was picked on and bullied a lot. Looking back now, I can understand why - I would probably have bullied myself! I had my limits, though, and one time on the playground some kid was getting in my face as I retreated up a hill. Finally I pulled out a pocket knife and poked it at him. He was not hurt, because he was wearing a heavy coat, but it did cause him to back off and leave me alone. By 9th grade I finally matured a bit and became friends with some of the tougher kids, who protected me somewhat. By 1964 I looked a lot better:

But still a bit dorky in 1966 when I got my first motorcycle to commute to Johns Hopkins where I was in the EE program.

I was never very ambitious or greedy or desirous of lots of money and expensive stuff. For a while I had my own business, a TV/stereo/whatever repair service, and in 1973 I got my first full time as an instrument technician at EIL. By 1977 I had been promoted to design engineer. But I never demanded much money. I interviewed for a high paying job at Westinghouse, but I didn't want to kowtow to their corporate rules and dress code. I valued my freedom and by 1989 I left that EIL job and started my own business, and now I am basically retired. I'm not rich but I'm comfortable and mostly stress-free.

I'm pretty happy and free in this picture from around 1972:

Me and nubby singing the song of his people when sirens go by lol

Me on a minibike my dad made for me. I think I was 8 years old. This started my obsession with motorcycles and super-cross throughout my youth.

Work hard play hard

We had the deer in the headlights look - all of us, due to the video camera's of the era having to use a rack full of floodlights pointed directly at you...

everybody looked like the dinosaurs probably did just moments after the big meteor hit...

I think 3 Phase looks a little like Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by umahunter View Post
    Me and nubby singing the song of his people when sirens go by lol
    you can't beat that - you know he was thinking "coolest dad ever" lol