Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hub Repair

Nicely done Captain

The lock tite was the first idea, but the hub was too worn for it to work to hold the race. The sleeve is pressed in dry. Maybe a bit too tight since the bore was about .001" under after. Polished it out but the bearing is still pretty tight. Shouldn't matter though I doubt I'll need to change it again.

It's for a co-op/ci cultivator

I use DCMT 0702 inserts, 760 RPM on this piece, min .030 doc, .006 feed to get a good finish. Any slower, shallower or lower feed doesn't have the nice finish

agree on the nice finish on the pipe material

Does yours have oscillating axle with wheel on each end that carries the main.If it does those bearing in there can be a problem,they run out of grease with not makeing a revolution.I removed mine when it was new and added a grease zerk.The bearing are very low slope and can be over tightened real easy.Just a heads up,mine is a 279 feild cultivator.

Yes it has walking beams across. It is a 5 section Model 808, was 51' now stretched to 57'. I've never had the walking beams apart in this one but we had some trouble with older ones. I remember the Wilrich we had having the same problem. Like the coop except for bent shanks, have to spend a day every now and again straightening them.