Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pacific tool and guage

Default pacific tool and guage

about the 21 st of January I placed an order with pacific tool and guage. all three items appear to be out of stock. all attemps by e-mail to ask about possible shipping date, have gon unanswered. they don't appear to be monitoring their e-mail. has any one on this forum dealt with this company and ever had difficulty with communication? doug from cold lake.

I live less than 100 miles from Pacific Tool and Gauge. All my dealings phone or email have been very satisfactory. There has been a couple of large power outages in this time frame.
    Pacific Tool & Gauge
    675 Antelope Rd,
    White City, OR 97503
    Call us: (541) 826-5808
    Email: sales@pacifictoolandgauge.com
    Fax Number: (541) 826-5304

Fax: (541) 826-5304

Hours 7-4 Monday Friday Pacific time

I have dealt with them for a very long time. They have, and still it appears, to be going through serious growing pains. At one time you could call and talk with someone that actually new a little bit about the business. Now, you get put on hold and you might get a proper answer when they return. I have bought brand new reamers that wouldn't cut a chamber, but they did replace it, sent it out before I could get the one I had in the mail back to them.

I think the next reamer I get I'll have to go to JGS or Manson. They may be a bit more, but the chances of getting what you want and that it will cut properly is much better.

I've had spotty results by email. Sometimes good, sometimes no reply. Phone is the more reliable method.

/thanks for the replies. it seems that others have experienced similar failures to communicate. however, it is reassuring that they have been in business for a long time. if I am patient, my order will eventuly be fulfilled. ( one reamer,reamer micrometer attch,,and a floating reamer holder)

Apparently not a great place to work either.
    https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Pacific-Tool-&-Gauge/reviews

Once interviewed for a job there, phone interview only. Notified a week later that the company had sold and the new owner had a relative to put in the shop manager's position that I had interviewed for.

Quote Originally Posted by ulav8r View Post
    Once interviewed for a job there, phone interview only. Notified a week later that the company had sold and the new owner had a relative to put in the shop manager's position that I had interviewed for.
    How long ago was this? I never heard David Kiff sold out. Back when he started his business, I spoke with him often. His company grew so fast, the quality and customer service went downhill fast.

I think about 2004. Who knows if they told me the truth.

Two years ago I ordered a .22 K Hornet reamer from Pacific Tool. Said it was in stock. Waited, waited, waited. Call finally got thru and I was told that it was never in stock, and was scheduled to run "in a couple of weeks". Waited, waited, waited. Another call a month later, "Oh, they forgot to run it". That B.S. went on and on and on. SIX MONTHS later I got the reamer. Never again! I call Dave Manson now. Even customs he gets to me in 30 days or less. Always answers inquiries same day or next.