Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AMC Marlin

Wife 1.0 had a Rebel SST convertible which was a sharp looker with decent performance with a 343.
    When we were dating her parents had some kind of AMC in which the front seats folded ALL the way back.
    Make of that what you will.
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by QSIMDO View Post
    Wife 1.0 had a Rebel SST convertible which was a sharp looker with decent performance with a 343.
    When we were dating her parents had some kind of AMC in which the front seats folded ALL the way back.
    No rust?

Cool. Thanks for the photo. I am running a 360 bored .040 over and fuel injected in my CJ jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
    No rust?
    No, it was only 2 years old at the time.
    Len

Don't diss my Gremlin X..

San Diego, Ca *** Please let us know where you are from too.

I'm a Mopar guy. The 340 was the gem, some put the 360 heads on it, but the 340 bottom was special.

And yea, nope the Marlin was ugly back then and hasn't changed.
    John Titor, when are you.

I've always had a soft spot for some of AMC's cars but the Marlin has got to be the ugliest fastback panel truck I can think of.

Their 232-258 cu.in. 6 cylinder engines were very strong and well built and saw production from 1964 till the early 90s in various forms.

The AMC 290/343/390 engines although not as popular as those from the big 3 due to market share were never the less very solid performers.
    Good enough to take the Trans Am series with Mark Donahue at the wheel.

Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Some guy here in town has the little AMC with big a$$ flat rear window but he did a 4X4 conversion to it.. running on really narrow Super Swampers. Pretty cool.

Whenever I see an old American car I think 'that thing would be cool as a 4x4'.

Quote Originally Posted by QSIMDO View Post
    My mother had a Rambler with the fold down seats. I tried to borrow it as often as possible when I had a date!!!!
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by George Bulliss View Post
    I guess it's in the eye of the beholder, but I found/find all of AMCs offerings to be ugly.
    Hey now!

1970 Mark Donohue Javelin SST - 360 with 400 lbs of torque, yet super smooth and reliable, ice cold A/C, 2.02 intakes, 10:1, forged crank and 4 bolt mains, ram air, 4 piston calipers, 3.54 pozi and a low 1st - a real bullet off the line.