Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AMC Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Hey now!

1970 Mark Donohue Javelin SST - 360 with 400 lbs of torque, yet super smooth and reliable, ice cold A/C, 2.02 intakes, 10:1, forged crank and 4 bolt mains, ram air, 4 piston calipers, 3.54 pozi and a low 1st - a real bullet off the line.
    Im with GB --- that thing looks like a Camero tried to give birth to a Maverick

I had a number of cars during high school. (All purchased with my own hard-earned money.) I think the worst was the 1954 Plymouth Belvedere. Back then you could buy a 10-15 year old car for less than $200 and drive it away. I also had 52 Chevy Coupe (my first car), A 64(?) Simca and a 54 Ford Crestline. That was real looker back then and a great date getter.

Quote Originally Posted by CCWKen View Post
    I had a number of cars during high school. (All purchased with my own hard-earned money.) I think the worst was the 1954 Plymouth Belvedere. Back then you could buy a 10-15 year old car for less than $200 and drive it away. I also had 52 Chevy Coupe (my first car), A 64(?) Simca and a 54 Ford Crestline. That was real looker back then and a great date getter.
    I had new 53, 55, and 57 Belvederes . Those were the days. pretty good job and before a wife. :-) Well the first one was while in the Air Force but the others were after discharge and pre marriage. :-)
    ...lew...

Thanks for the old timey B/W photo, looks nice..

I happen to like most AMC cars. They are a lil quirky but thats called style. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

With the right factory engine some of those cars were good performers. What gave me a laugh with many of the 'sleeper' cars was that they were actually fairly quiet (factory mufflers) but could really move. Pitt one of them against a car that somebody 'built'- with a nice throaty roar to give the illusion of power- and the sleeper would leave them in the dust.

We had a station wagon at one time with a 390 in it. Full factory car. When my dad brought it home we all got to ride in it of course- nice roomy car for the family. The odd time it would be just him and me, and he would give it the odd 'test'. That thing really moved.

We had a Rambler Ambassador at one time- it had the 290 in it. It was no slouch either.
    Last edited by darryl; 02-22-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Here is the brochure for the 1966 Marlin. Click on the thumbnails; one mentions a 327 engine you can order for it: http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/stati...re/index1.html.

I lived in Phoenix in 1965-66, my first job after leaving university. I can't help wondering if the Marlin I photographed yesterday has been here since that time. It would probably have rusted out, elsewhere.
    Allan Ostling

I just looked at about 100 pics of all different kinds of them - no matter how you slice it - no matter what you do or how you paint them they are hideous to look at,

i was curious about trunk space with such a small lid and found this pic, even though the lid is small it looks like the trunk can still swallow a transmission with just a slight burp; https://www.oldcaronline.com/photos/884145/884145_9.jpg

https://www.cruisinstyle.com/m/photo...115ff030aa.jpg

Somebody did have some "cool factor" success but hate to think what it cost just to get the big fish palatable...

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...dqt9ai-pre.jpg

It's that ugly? Really?
    If so, then the '67 Barracuda fastback was in the same league.
    you guys are so full of crap.
    Yeah, I know you guys, if it aint a Chevy, then it's crap
    If it aint a Ford, then it's crap,
    If it aint a Mopar, then it's crap.
    Not any one of you has a neutral interest.

Definitely not an off-road vehicle

Yeah but think of how easy it would be to get a body in and out of that trunk being that low and all...