Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some test shots with Andonstar ADSM 302 HDMI digital microscope

MattiJ, your pictures are amazing. I am currently watching the Andonstar V160. The optical tube only without the stand goes for $40 and I may get it. My only concern is the focal distance needed for lathe work. Let's say my part is 4 mm diameter by 4 mm long and I am single-pointing M2.2 thread. How far away the front lens should be from the part so I can see about 30X magnification on the laptop screen?

What was the focal distance for your last shot with inserts?

Quote Originally Posted by mikey553 View Post
    MattiJ, your pictures are amazing. I am currently watching the Andonstar V160. The optical tube only without the stand goes for $40 and I may get it. My only concern is the focal distance needed for lathe work. Let's say my part is 4 mm diameter by 4 mm long and I am single-pointing M2.2 thread. How far away the front lens should be from the part so I can see about 30X magnification on the laptop screen?

What was the focal distance for your last shot with inserts?
    My last shot with the inserts was 50mm from lens to inserts.

But with the V160 usb model you need to be closer for maximum magnification, something like 5mm for maximum magnification vs 50mm with the ADSM302
    https://www.elektor.com/andonstar-v1...tal-microscope

WAG from this video https://youtu.be/MnyKWYLpBUY?t=328 I'd say that 30mm distance gives you about 20mm wide field of view.
    WAG2 so 30mm distance would give you 20mm enlarged to 300mm wide (15" diagonal laptop) screen or about 300/20= 15X magnification.
    WAG3 For 30X magnification the V160 usb model needs to be maybe 15 to 20mm from the workpiece?

Thank you MattiJ. This video and website give you a lot of good information. I have asked similar questions on Amazon, but the best response so far was "I don't know". I guess you need to be an engineer to even understand the question.

Now I know the front of the tube is not sealed and the lens is removable. It may not be the best option for a lathe operation.