Thread: Ebay must have hired att to do its billing

Default Ebay must have hired att to do its billing

I sell on ebay and was trying to understand the fees that I was charged. The bill is just as confusing as my att bill.I just hope that their are enough accountant using ebay to keep them honest. .Edwin Dirnbeck

Ebay pretty much never does anything without evaluating it's impact on their bottom line. I'm sure the confusion is not an accident.

Dan
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Quote Originally Posted by danlb View Post
    Ebay pretty much never does anything without evaluating it's impact on their bottom line. I'm sure the confusion is not an accident.

Dan
    Yes,you said it better than me..Edwin Dirnbeck

Years ago, a friend who was in the top of his field, a very senior guy with a Ph.D from a top school and stellar CV, interviewed at ebay. Everything went well, except when it came to filing his interview expense report. They told him that he would not receive a check unless he included a a self addressed stamped envelope with his receipts. They really emphasized that - it better have a stamp.

That was a huge red flag deal breaker, for every other professional who heard the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Dirnbeck View Post
    I sell on ebay and was trying to understand the fees that I was charged. The bill is just as confusing as my att bill.I just hope that their are enough accountant using ebay to keep them honest. .Edwin Dirnbeck
    I agree, ebay's billing methods are pretty hard to follow lately. I figured it out on my bill though - they're charging sales tax for each purchase as a separate transaction. That means for every purchase, say $20-$30, that purchase shows up on my bill but also a separate $1-$2 purchase which is for the sales tax, but not listed as such. It's pretty annoying that they don't just include it in one purchase like everyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    I agree, ebay's billing methods are pretty hard to follow lately. I figured it out on my bill though - they're charging sales tax for each purchase as a separate transaction. That means for every purchase, say $20-$30, that purchase shows up on my bill but also a separate $1-$2 purchase which is for the sales tax, but not listed as such. It's pretty annoying that they don't just include it in one purchase like everyone else does.
    So does ebay charge a commission on the sales tax. YES I KNOW,ebay never uses the word commission. Edwin Dirnbeck

Not that I know of. My understanding is they only charge commissions to the seller (and they do charge a lot now), but of course the seller isn't paying sales tax, only the buyer.