Thread: Ugrading To An ATC Spindle - Quick Change

Default Ugrading To An ATC Spindle - Quick Change

PART 1 of ??

*** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

I bet that air outlet is for a breather. The inlet air to the drawbar has to go somewhere. Those ISO 20 toolholders are cute little guys.

Near as I can tell no air vents out that hole from anywhere. I showed testing for that in the vid. When you heard the air release from the tool change that was me pulling the air nozzle out of the tube.

Yeah, they are cute little tool holders. I'm sure looking forward to using them.
    Last edited by Bob La Londe; 03-16-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Ok, after more time reading and researching and finally getting a copy of the manual it looks like its a piston return on the other side of a dual acting air cylinder. The air cylinder may have a return spring also, and of course the draw bar has to have some sort of springs which push back when the air is let of. Looks like I need a 2 position 5 port changeover valve.
    Last edited by Bob La Londe; 03-16-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Part 2