Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What type of abrasive belts for steel?

When I was still working for an employee, we went through a lot of belts on our belt sander in a toolroom with about 50 people using that sander. We switched to the blue zirconia belts and our usage dropped dramatically. I use them in my shop now too.

Brian
    Last edited by bborr01; 04-16-2019 at 02:27 AM.
    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

As far as where to buy... check out Benchmark Abrasives out of Arizona... I bought some 40 grit flapper discs for my 4 1/2" grinder, and some 2" quick locks for my die grinder and both are awesome... The flapper disc last more than double what I was getting out of the dewalt ones...both Blue zirconium...and the 2 inch I got in ceramic... the 4130 chrome molly barely touched it...And I have no affiliation with benchmark other than being a satisfied customer... oh I almost forgot... they are cheaper even with shipping than I can buy locally!

Quote Originally Posted by shawnspeed View Post
    As far as where to buy... check out Benchmark Abrasives out of Arizona... I bought some 40 grit flapper discs for my 4 1/2" grinder, and some 2" quick locks for my die grinder and both are awesome... The flapper disc last more than double what I was getting out of the dewalt ones...both Blue zirconium...and the 2 inch I got in ceramic... the 4130 chrome molly barely touched it...And I have no affiliation with benchmark other than being a satisfied customer... oh I almost forgot... they are cheaper even with shipping than I can buy locally!
    I had an ad show up on my facebook page for them. It was for ten or twelve flap disks for the price of shipping. I haven't tried them yet but probably will in the future. Thanks for the review.

Brian
    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Some suppliers:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/...-price.860299/
    Supergrit and Pops knife supply seem popular accross several forums

Quote Originally Posted by vpt View Post
    Where is the best place to get belts from?
    I like AA Abrasives. Nice quality belts. Omni directional belts have a smoother seam that you may want to consider.

I just need one more tool,just one!