Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The home shop from Hell

Nice little shop! So clean...

Not a real shop - a museum!

"not ONE inch of space that isn't being utilised" PFFTTT!

A) there's more wasted space than gear in that place.

B) what is there is so clean it looks like it never gets used. Even all the magnets don't have anything stuck to them. I mean... the guy is walking around in sock feet.

The guy is obviously awesome at cleaning... no idea if he has any machining skills or if the shop actually has the tooling to make all those tools actually do anything... besides machine air.

Yeah... little bit jealous,

David...
    Last edited by fixerdave; 04-14-2019 at 10:28 PM. Reason: typo

Im with you on that - I was in a pretty good mood till i sifted through the vid and now I feel angry and allot of resentment..

I would sell about half of the stuff cuz i would not have much use - and hire a maid to keep the rest of it clean,,,

You guys protest too much...

When I set up my new machine shop digs I tried my best to give me a shop that encourages me to clean up. I don't always take advantage of that fact but it's typically at least an order of magnitude better than the "sardine can" I had before I moved. And if I were just a LITTLE bit more OCD about cleaning.....

My shop is a perfect example of a messy shop that gets zero use, because it's messy.

Default A while back I asked for some advice, and took it!

Quote Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
    My shop is a perfect example of a messy shop that gets zero use, because it's messy.
    I became rather concerned that I was spending too much time tidying, cleaning and organising my shop to the detriment of the main aim of the shop, which is for me to build and repair model steam engines.
    I received a number of comments, but those which struck home were those which said,' Just do what pleases you do not worry about it"
    Well I took that advice, certainly reorganisation and general clean up has taken time and effort, BUT that has made the shop itself more "user friendly".
    By keeping it tidy and clean and returning the tools to " point zero" after every session I am actually MORE productive, I do not waste time looking for things put down in odd places weeks before.
    I still look like Mr Muddle when in the middle of a session, tools on every flat surface, but they are all away and everything is clean and ready for a quick restart the next day.
    As with life itself" Do not knock it till you have tried it :
    Regards to all David Powell.

Just imagine if he was your son, and how proud you would be!

Good for this kid. Neat, organized and clean. We need more like him in the World.