Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The home shop from Hell

Hybrid View

Nice little shop! So clean...

Not a real shop - a museum!

"not ONE inch of space that isn't being utilised" PFFTTT!

A) there's more wasted space than gear in that place.

B) what is there is so clean it looks like it never gets used. Even all the magnets don't have anything stuck to them. I mean... the guy is walking around in sock feet.

The guy is obviously awesome at cleaning... no idea if he has any machining skills or if the shop actually has the tooling to make all those tools actually do anything... besides machine air.

Yeah... little bit jealous,

David...
    Last edited by fixerdave; 04-14-2019 at 10:28 PM. Reason: typo

Im with you on that - I was in a pretty good mood till i sifted through the vid and now I feel angry and allot of resentment..

I would sell about half of the stuff cuz i would not have much use - and hire a maid to keep the rest of it clean,,,

You guys protest too much...

When I set up my new machine shop digs I tried my best to give me a shop that encourages me to clean up. I don't always take advantage of that fact but it's typically at least an order of magnitude better than the "sardine can" I had before I moved. And if I were just a LITTLE bit more OCD about cleaning.....

Quote Originally Posted by fixerdave View Post
    "not ONE inch of space that isn't being utilised" PFFTTT!

A) there's more wasted space than gear in that place.

B) what is there is so clean it looks like it never gets used. Even all the magnets don't have anything stuck to them. I mean... the guy is walking around in sock feet.

The guy is obviously awesome at cleaning... no idea if he has any machining skills or if the shop actually has the tooling to make all those tools actually do anything... besides machine air.

Yeah... little bit jealous,

David...
    I wouldn't bemoan the fact that he keeps his shop so clean. Some people have a compulsion to leave everything immaculate, maybe he is one like that. I'm not one of them. I clean up the big chunks and then the important bits like the ways and the little bits in the corners, not so much. I use my equipment every day, so what is the point of cleaning to the extreme if it is just going to be messed up again shortly. Other peoples mileage may vary.
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

The knowledge and abilities of this kid are amazing. His parents should be proud of him.
    The video brings a hope that the very spirit of of what we enjoy will be transferred to the new generation.

YouTube really REALLY wanted me to watch that video. I put YouTube on the big screen when I am catching up on chores, and YouTube kept making it the next video on autoplay over and over again. No matter how many times I cancelled it. Finally I let it play and left the room. LOL.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

This is the shop from hell. Also why I don't post much content...

Going to get this thing crated and out so I have room again...