Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Car taxes of $900,000 makes "his heart feel tired "

I'm thinking of another place that would register low on Dan Dubeau's meter.
    “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
    MY heart hurts for the spoiled rich kids.
    Anything below 0 is envy.

I used to let things like this bother me. But quickly realized that I'd never be rich enough to buy such a thing and that if companies that make such cars needed to rely on me and my like that they would not be in business at all. So super rich entitled kids or their super rich parents driving them does not bother me any more at all. I just enjoy seeing such cars out on the road or in videos. They are just very pretty to look at and they sound nice and I don't care about who is driving them.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    lol

I agree, it's about showing off on social media. When you have that much money and can buy anything you want when ever you want, it is easy to become bored and lose direction. Just jump from one hobby to the next.
    Reminds me of a flight student I had, richest person I ever met, also the dumbest. His mother a very successful realestate broker in London, his father a successful stock trader. He couldn't figure out how to fill in his logbook, carry over numbers from the previous page. Paid for a job at Lion Air flying a 737, wasn't invited back to stay on. He's probably banging some other playboy bunnies, doing what ever he finds interesting next. I'm not going to say it is a bad lifestyle, but always trying to find something to drive you to the next step will still leave you yearning for more.

My first car was a model A Ford that I traded a wooden rowboat for. My second car was a 1932 Durant roadster that I gave a .22 bolt action rifle and two packs of cigarettes for. My third car was a 1934 Chev Master series coupe that I had to tow halfway across Ontario to get it home with a 1952 Chev.
    Brian Rupnow

I think he could have negotiated a better price.
    I think he did. He probably went through the "custom options" list and picked all the ones he could to jack the price up as much as possible.

That's what he bought... the price tag. That's the whole point, a "look how much I paid" sticker. Just a big "I'm better than you are because my Daddy lets me spend more money... See!" Anyone that thinks money to burn makes them a winner is, by definition, a loser. Class A capital 'L' loser.

The guys that want to actually go fast are not driving anything like this. Top speeding ticket in Vancouver is, if I remember right, for a Toyota Corolla. No looks, all action, the only way you can keep your license and actually get above idle anywhere around here.

I can hold a little envy for a guy that has a shop full of tools that look like they never get used. But, this guy, no interest at all in his life. Total waste, and he's proud of it.

David...
    Last edited by fixerdave; 04-15-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Somehow I get the impression that you feel people here, or perhaps everywhere envy you. Will you be able to handle it when you find out that nobody does?

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker4130 View Post
    Somehow I get the impression that you feel people here, or perhaps everywhere envy you. Will you be able to handle it when you find out that nobody does?
    I think he does and for good reason - there's allot of people "programmed" that way and im not just talking about him im talking about people who do want to be like him, so many people think big money is where it's at, if that's how far it goes for them then more power to them - to some extent --- I do draw the line when they start taking up irreplaceable resources at the tune of 10 to 1 or 100 to 1 of what it really takes to just get bye comfortably --- taking a bigger crap in the fishbowl we all have to share is not in any way shape or form "cool" it means your an ignorant ass that has no respect for others,

personally I have allot of fun being "thrifty" it's a great challenge and really without it what do you have? part of the challenge in life is just that, if everything is already at your feet in front of you then where's the fun in achievement and challenge ?

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker4130 View Post
    '

Thanks, I do very much enjoy this type of irony.