Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot Norte dame cathedral on fire

Actually the term Hun was a term employed by British and other English-language propaganda during World War I, and to a lesser extent during World War II, in order to paint the Germans as savage barbarians.
    Ethnically they were Not Huns.

On a related note, there is a move here to remove the logo used by the Swedish firm ASEA that appears on still operating electrical public utility equipment that has been in use since the beginning of the 20th century.
    Their logo contains the Swastika that has been used for centuries in paintings and religious figures such as Buddha etc.
    Max.

Could be worse - you could live in Cali where some people want the stars and stripes of the american flag taken off police cars for and I quote "being too aggressive" WTF is this world coming too???

https://nypost.com/2019/04/15/aggres...lifornia-town/

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    Could be worse - you could live in Cali where some people want the stars and stripes of the american flag taken off police cars for and I quote "being too aggressive" WTF is this world coming too???

https://nypost.com/2019/04/15/aggres...lifornia-town/
    They are crying over swastikas also in here:

I was at Notre Dame in 1998, along with the Taj Mahal, the most impressive architecture, I’ve ever seen.
    jack

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post
    At least he didnt call them nazis ..
    Well now you mention it all members of the German armed forces had to swear an oath of allegiance to Hitler, who was the prime nazi, so yes all those attacks on (among other places) the City of London WERE committed by nazis, but collectively at the time we called them The Hun.

Quote Originally Posted by aostling View Post
    Ethnic slurs should have no place on this forum.

pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxHeadRoom View Post
    Their logo contains the Swastika that has been used for centuries in paintings and religious figures such as Buddha etc.
    Max.
    And not to leave out the US 45th Infantry Division, part of the Oklahoma National Guard and containing many American Indians, who decided to use a swastika, a traditional American Indian symbol, as their divisional patch. Decided in the late 30s that changing it to something different was a good idea.

Steve

ISIS blew the hell out of Palmyra, a city dating from the Neolithic period, and I don't remember anyone here bemoaning that loss.
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by aostling View Post
    Ethnic slurs should have no place on this forum.
    I suppose you would have us bury our heads in the sand and pretend it didn't happen.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.

It ticks me off when I play a WW2 flight sim, or see a WW2 R/C airplane with this bullcrap marking on the tail...
    Keep it real, don't pretent history didn't happen.