Thread: More Jones Shipman pics

Post More Jones Shipman pics

carry on from this post

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//Fo...ML/008013.html

Well as you can see the camera does not lie this time .
    These pics were taken after I spent three hours pressure washing it...the same day that I unloaded it ...sorry I held back ...but wanted to draw it out a bit, to tease you all
    Amazingly all the paint come off...revealing almost pristine original manufacturors paint, got the rest off with scrapers made from broken bits of perspex (plexiglass).
    The electrics were dismantled and dried out afterwards.
    For the past 5 or 6 days I've been touching the paint up ....the machine now is aproaching "as-new-looks"
    I've cleaned the tank and added new hydrualic oil, the table is off and you can still see the frosting on 90% of the ways
    I've put about only ten hours into it so far....with only another five to go before its finished.
    There will be more pics in a few days when the next stage is complete

Not bad for a machine that is forty years old

ALL THE BEST..MARK

[This message has been edited by Mark Jones (edited 09-21-2004).]

Mark,
    The machine is starting to look good & I'm sure you will enjoy using it. You may already know this Company, but I have so far had good 540 spares support from Jubilee Machinery http://www.jubileemactools.com/service.asp no connection.
    Alan

Yes I've already been in touch with them .
    i thanked you the other day in the other thread
    they were very helpfull.
    thanks again
    all the best..mark

Update.
    Table has been taken off stripped to bare metal and primed with two pack high-build etch primer.
    Also the top guard was primed...this was not taken back to bare metal because the paint was well keyed on.
    the other pic is of the stone guard...this recieved the same treatment as the table.
    pics below :-

All the best....mark