Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you eat today?

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    That's a Unicomp buckling spring keyboard. Arguably the best keyboard available today. If you're a fan of the original IBM Model M keyboards, then this is that but manufacturing is now done by Unicomp using the original model M tooling/etc.
    I haven't tried a Unicomp. It is a great option and they are very reasonably priced. I have a few originals that should hold me just fine.

And fwiw, that design is almost entirely immune from the effects of food and debris.

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post

And fwiw, that design is almost entirely immune from the effects of food and debris.
    I thought most of them are - iv taken a few apart and at least all the ones iv seen have a thin membrane that covers the entire area...

I would like to eventually get a lighted keyboard though as sometimes i have trouble seeing what's what.

Yes the light colored keyboards are so much easier to deal with. Seems as if for the last ten plus years the trend has been to all black keyboards. Great for well light offices but in the evening and early winter mornings I like my lighting a bit more on the subdued side and find the black keyboards a PIA.
    Not everyone enjoys sitting under the light intensity of a 500 watt halogen.

I'll keep my eyes open for one of the Unicomps that 3PH linked to, I'm sure it's light years ahead of the dollar store keyboards that come with most systems these days.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

You guys want lighted keyboards, but don't understand the value from all of the bells and whistles in new cars? Oh the irony!

For lunch, some PB&F

Work hard play hard

You guys want lighted keyboards, but don't understand the value from all of the bells and whistles in new cars? Oh the irony!

For lunch, some PB&F
    You can have the PB&F, i'll take the cat! Looks like a very kind kitty.

For lunch, some PB&F
    At first glance, I thought that meant peanut butter & Fur.

For lunch, some PB&F
    I understand some folks earn a very healthy living fixing and redesigning computer software and integration so that it will be a more usable and friendly experience. This on systems built by arguably the biggest and most successful name in the industry who has had decades of experience in refining that system.
    Then you would want others to embrace infotainment systems in cars that have a lifespan of one or two model years before it is shelved only to be replaced by "the next big thing".

The biggest issue encountered by new car buyers are related to in car electronics and it has been for some time now, each new generation of features adds to the consumer headaches. Oh the irony!

It's not that we don't see value in what is offered, however the execution of the concept is flawed. Just tired of having to be the test mule on my dime.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classi...222-story.html

Lexus and Porsche tied for the top spot, leading all brands for dependability in the survey released Wednesday by the consulting firm J.D. Power. But electronic problems caused trouble across the industry, pushing the average up to 156 problems per 100 vehicles. That's four problems higher than last year and the highest number since J.D. Power changed scoring methods in 2015.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

How much can a good optioned Keyboard cost ?
    Now camp are that a fully optioned car..
    One has the potential for far higher repair bills.

Some of us just want a car or truck, not a rolling nav systems with endless gadgets..
    How did people manage to drive 60,s and 70 s cars ?
    Well a lot of us survived and here we are onnthe forum.
    Many are metal heads not Gadgetheads..

If you think owning ones bad try working on them, im going to be out pretty soon but I pity the poor slobs that are just stepping into the field...

iv seen main wiring harnesses go from no bigger than my thumb to over the size of my ankle,,, know a guy who just tagged a deer in a ford escape - got just the headlight a little no big whoop - till you price the headlight and it's over $1,200 bucks...

things are way out of control in so many areas... I think allot of us have seen the greatest times to live and im not talking about whats around the corner...

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    If you think owning ones bad try working on them, im going to be out pretty soon but I pity the poor slobs that are just stepping into the field...

iv seen main wiring harnesses go from no bigger than my thumb to over the size of my ankle,,, know a guy who just tagged a deer in a ford escape - got just the headlight a little no big whoop - till you price the headlight and it's over $1,200 bucks...

things are way out of control in so many areas... I think allot of us have seen the greatest times to live and im not talking about whats around the corner...
    If I put myself in your shoes, the future does look pointless. I think you need some better shoes dude!
    Work hard play hard