Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you eat today?

Sitting in the Houston AP eating a Southern chicken caesar salad, awful.
    Still better than that garbage you eat though 3PL!
    Cheers,
    Jon

Today I had my annual eye exam (still 20/20 at 70 yo), and then I went to my favorite nearby Chinese restaurant, Szechuan House.

I ordered their $5.95 lunch special, Shrimp and Broccoli, with a big bowl of brown rice. As I sat down, the servers brought ice water with lemon slice, a pot of hot tea, and a plate of freshly made fried wonton noodles with duck sauce and hot mustard. Then they brought a big bowl of spicy hot&sour soup ($1.50) and a crispy egg roll with shrimp ($1.50). I ate about half of the entree and rice, and had the remainder put in a take-home box. They brought a hot steamed towel to wash my face, and topped off the meal with a fortune cookie on sherbet. Entire bill was less than $9, plus tax. I paid $13 to include a generous gratuity, said goodbye to the owner, Robert, and grabbed some packs of soy sauce and hot sauce and another fortune cookie on the way out. Yum!

Then I went to Food Lion and bought a few pounds of half-price Easter chocolate. Eating a Butterfinger bunny now...

I had a cancerous polyp discovered on my first colonoscopy in 2001 at the age of 51, and I was "repunctuated" (my colon is now a semicolon), on the day after 9/11. Many years of eating junk food, genetics, and "luck of the draw". Best to stack the odds in your favor by eating a healthy diet.

Quote Originally Posted by PStechPaul View Post
    looks like that bunny is about to snack down on the cute little bird in its basket..

just had my ar$e kicked by a storm, so I had a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips, 3 Oreos and a large coffee with about 25% creamer. Feel a little bit better now.

Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    Starting this thread for 3phaselightbulb and other to post their lunch and dinner on, in the hope that they will feel it's more appropriate to post that here rather than in the "what did you do today" thread.
    Matt, you've done a great service to many HSMers! Now, one hopes, there will be just this one thread to ignore. Thanks!

-js
    There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Fish head soup with kimchi and rice

Quote Originally Posted by martik View Post
    Fish head soup with kimchi and rice
    Taco Bell is starting to look pretty good right about now.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

I have pork chops in the fridge ready to cook tomorrow. Think I'm gonna do them on the flat top again. A little easier on the heat this time, I am shocked how fast the plate heats up.

Andy

Chowed down on some green stuff:

"Waiter!! There's an eye in my soup!!"

Quote Originally Posted by martik View Post