Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you eat today?

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Doesn't anybody eat Manhattan style clam chowder? Seems everywhere I look, stores, restaurants, etc. it's always New England style.
    To me at least it has all the charm and taste of pablum if you don't doctor it up with something else in order to give it character.
    Manhattan clam chowder: tomato soup that a clam has swam naked through. Barf!

Quote Originally Posted by reggie_obe View Post
    Manhattan clam chowder: tomato soup that a clam has swam naked through. Barf!
    If that's the way you've had it, yes I agree.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

I usually prefer New England style, and Cream of Crab or Seafood Bisque, but recently I had some excellent Manhattan style at the Double T Diner. However, Maryland Crab Soup properly done is the best

I like tomato soup with grilled cheese samiches.
    Andy

3 Phase Lightbulb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vpt View Post
    I like tomato soup with grilled cheese samiches.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh-yea...... I haven't had that for decades... Now I'm craving it you bastage and we don't have any T-soup right now in the pantry....

3 Phase Lightbulb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vpt View Post
    I'll do the same and make sure to post a pic.
    What kind of cheese are you going to use? I think I have sharp cheddar and american. I'm thinking american is probably a better choice for this meal but wondering if maybe the sharp cheddar would complement the t-soup more.. Not sure.. I think american is probably the safer choice? What kind of cheese are you going to make yours with?

Maybe you can find out what kind of shoes and t-shirt he'll be wearing too so you can be his bobsie twin, your going to be out of luck with the finger nail polish though cuz I don't think Andy wears any...

Quote Originally Posted by bborr01 View Post
    Do you have a cardiologist yet? You will someday. In cardio rehab they preached to not eat anything that comes out of boxes or cans.

Brian
    And that's probably one of the few pics that he's posted that actually has something that might pass for some kind of "food"

much of the other stuff is just refined sugar/bleached grains and artificial color and flavoring...

Quote Originally Posted by bborr01 View Post
    Do you have a cardiologist yet? You will someday. In cardio rehab they preached to not eat anything that comes out of boxes or cans.

Brian
    You can probably add most restaurant foods as well, especially fast food outlets.
    In North America it seems if you want to sell prepared food it has to contain lots of fat, salt, and sugar.
    Used in the right proportions those ingredients are a guaranteed sales tool.
    Some herbs and spices are a nice extra but seem to be a totally optional enhancement that is not always required.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    And that's probably one of the few pics that he's posted that actually has something that might pass for some kind of "food"

much of the other stuff is just refined sugar/bleached grains and artificial color and flavoring...
    There was a container of strawberries in another picture. Not sure if he bought them by accident or not, but they were there.