Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you watch today? (favorite youtube channels)

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
    Mr Pete, and Adam Booth!
    Adam's videos have gone downhill since he gave up working for living. I mean come on, "How to read a micrometer"? That's got to be version 5,187 on YT.

I really miss his videos of actual work.

Quote Originally Posted by CCWKen View Post
    Adam's videos have gone downhill since he gave up working for living. I mean come on, "How to read a micrometer"? That's got to be version 5,187 on YT.

I really miss his videos of actual work.
    I have to agree with you. What bothers me he has all the best of the tools and then ask for donations. Mean while I'm on a fixed income and use Chinesium tools. I'll be damned if I would donate to him.

This came up in my recommendations, and I thought there's now way I'm going to sit and watch a 20 minute video on prop welding and repair, but I did. There's so many workholding, fixtures, and shop tips scattered through out this video, I kept pausing and scanning the benches and backgrounds for ideas. So it actually took me a few minutes longer to watch than anticipated. Some cool standouts are the sacrificial blast cabinet screen, resizing the 3m pads for more use, the tig filler holder, and all the benches, and shop built fixtures for prop holding. The long shaft press was nice too. Interesting watch, annoying music at times, but there's no real sound, so it can be muted.

Joe Pi, Adam Booth, Flite Test, too many to list.
    Today I watched End Game at the theater, and just finished watching "How to Train Your Dragon 3" with the kids.

I watched Cedar Waxwings feed each other berries from the Hawthorn tree, just several feet off the back deck.

Bee keeping videos, cat videos, car videos. and RC plane crash videos.

Project farm is a good channel as well as the other mentioned above.
    Andy

Anything by Stefan and Tony, then whatever I can squeeze in before SWMBO yells "...if you're not working long hours & getting smelly out in your freakin' shop you're watching videos about somebody else working long hours & getting smelly out in THEIR freakin' shop, SHEESH!"
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

A couple of my favorites:

My Mechanics:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMrMVIBtqFW6O0-MWq26gqw
    might be the best tool restoration channel on YouTube

The Chieftain's Hatch:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp4j9Y9L6jie44iZroCb99A
    everything you ever wanted to know about tanks/armored vehicles

I've been on a Deviant Ollam kick lately, physical penetration testing and various related topics. This talk he did is not from his own channel, but it's one of my recent favorites (language warning, there's some swearing throughout): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnmcRTnTNC8