Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alistair,Flylo,Eddy Curr not seen them for a while

Default Alistair,Flylo,Eddy Curr not seen them for a while

Anyone hear from these guys hope all is well!

Add Forrest Addy to the list

Its possible that participation has declined due to the lowest quality of posts in many years. The food thread is good example. Quality machining related posts have gotten a lot more rare.

I think that is Flylo's reasoning. Forest Addy was never too frequent of a poster, and up there in age. Alistair has health issues, hoping for the best. If something happened to Forest, we would already know from another forum.

I have spoken with Flylo and he is fine, but lamenting the OT postings and rambling.

I am concerned about Alistair. When I checked about 10 days ago and PM'd him, he had not logged in since posting in March that he had broken his leg and was going for surgery. I had missed that original notice.

I don't think it is fair to blame the Eats thread because that is just one thread and it is quite popular. Maybe we'll even get some machined kitchen gadget postings..

IMHO, limiting the number of OT threads (at least, for a few months) could benefit the forum.

And I hope the guys are OK.

Add Forrest Addy to the list
    he hasn't been on PM either, I've been concerned about him for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_NY View Post
    Its possible that participation has declined due to the lowest quality of posts in many years. The food thread is good example. Quality machining related posts have gotten a lot more rare.
    Please post some. (My standard response to complaints there isn't enough machining threads)

have spoken with Flylo and he is fine, but lamenting the OT postings and rambling.
    his or others?

I sent a Christmas card to Alistair last fall. A short time later I received a letter from his wife Bron. She spoke of Alistair's declining health and failing memory. From the tone of her letter I would expect that he will not be posting in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by camperkn View Post
    I sent a Christmas card to Alistair last fall. A short time later I received a letter from his wife Bron. She spoke of Alistair's declining health and failing memory. From the tone of her letter I would expect that he will not be posting in the future.

Always sad to hear.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by vpt View Post
    Always sad to hear.
    indeed, thanks camperkn for letting us know