Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 106

Thread: Computer Issue Boot Disc OT

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    OK, I'll look into it tomorrow.
    I'm pretty much back to normal on the new drive.

    The only thing I would like to see is if I can find on the old one is my FireFox profile.
    Saved passwords and saved searches. Can't seem to find them, things look a little different than when the program is actually running. Any thoughts there??

    JL...

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA MD 21030
    Posts
    5,326

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Tai Tokerau - NZ
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee View Post
    OK, I'll look into it tomorrow.
    I'm pretty much back to normal on the new drive.

    The only thing I would like to see is if I can find on the old one is my FireFox profile.
    Saved passwords and saved searches. Can't seem to find them, things look a little different than when the program is actually running. Any thoughts there??

    JL...
    Program Files x86\Mozilla\Firefox\User\Data

    if I had to guess.

    if it wasn't for windows, I'd say you're probably pretty safe copying the whole directory over (copy/replace) your new install and it should be just like the good old days..

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA MD 21030
    Posts
    5,326

    Default

    No need to guess. Read the links I provided above. My own profile is located here:

    C:\Users\paul\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Prof iles\h0gol8ci.default

    And possibly here:

    C:\Users\paul\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profil es\h0gol8ci.default

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sunny So Cal
    Posts
    4,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee View Post
    The only thing I would like to see is if I can find on the old one is my FireFox profile.
    Saved passwords and saved searches. Can't seem to find them,
    JL...
    Well yeah. Its on a file no doubt. Its a small file.
    Now the saved passwords and saved searches are not hard to get back.

    Your original email address you gave them will link to you. If not ok. That one is done. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PStechPaul View Post
    No need to guess. Read the links I provided above. My own profile is located here:

    C:\Users\paul\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Prof iles\h0gol8ci.default

    And possibly here:

    C:\Users\paul\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profil es\h0gol8ci.default
    I did see that folder.

    TNX...... JL.............

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Here is the temperature report. It only goes back a few days and not back far enough when the boot error occurred.

    JL.........

    Complete SCT temperature log:

    SCT Status Version: 3
    SCT Version (vendor specific): 256 (0x0100)
    Device State: Active (0)
    Current Temperature: 27 Celsius
    Power Cycle Min/Max Temperature: 27/30 Celsius
    Lifetime Min/Max Temperature: 21/40 Celsius
    Under/Over Temperature Limit Count: 0/0

    SCT Temperature History Version: 2
    Temperature Sampling Period: 1 minute
    Temperature Logging Interval: 10 minutes
    Min/Max recommended Temperature: 0/70 Celsius
    Min/Max Temperature Limit: 0/70 Celsius
    Temperature History Size (Index): 128 (125)

    Index Estimated Time Temperature Celsius
    126 2019-06-12 10:40 28 *********
    127 2019-06-12 10:50 ? -
    0 2019-06-12 11:00 ? -
    1 2019-06-12 11:10 29 **********
    2 2019-06-12 11:20 30 ***********
    3 2019-06-12 11:30 31 ************
    4 2019-06-12 11:40 32 *************
    5 2019-06-12 11:50 ? -
    6 2019-06-12 12:00 30 ***********
    7 2019-06-12 12:10 ? -
    8 2019-06-12 12:20 31 ************
    9 2019-06-12 12:30 31 ************
    10 2019-06-12 12:40 ? -
    11 2019-06-12 12:50 30 ***********
    12 2019-06-12 13:00 27 ********
    13 2019-06-12 13:10 27 ********
    14 2019-06-12 13:20 32 *************
    15 2019-06-12 13:30 ? -
    16 2019-06-12 13:40 25 ******
    17 2019-06-12 13:50 30 ***********
    18 2019-06-12 14:00 ? -
    19 2019-06-12 14:10 ? -
    20 2019-06-12 14:20 30 ***********
    21 2019-06-12 14:30 30 ***********
    22 2019-06-12 14:40 ? -
    23 2019-06-12 14:50 30 ***********
    24 2019-06-12 15:00 29 **********
    25 2019-06-12 15:10 31 ************
    26 2019-06-12 15:20 ? -
    27 2019-06-12 15:30 27 ********
    28 2019-06-12 15:40 31 ************
    29 2019-06-12 15:50 32 *************
    30 2019-06-12 16:00 ? -
    31 2019-06-12 16:10 29 **********
    32 2019-06-12 16:20 26 *******
    33 2019-06-12 16:30 31 ************
    34 2019-06-12 16:40 ? -
    35 2019-06-12 16:50 31 ************
    36 2019-06-12 17:00 29 **********
    37 2019-06-12 17:10 ? -
    ... ..( 3 skipped). .. -
    41 2019-06-12 17:50 ? -
    42 2019-06-12 18:00 29 **********
    43 2019-06-12 18:10 ? -
    ... ..( 18 skipped). .. -
    62 2019-06-12 21:20 ? -
    63 2019-06-12 21:30 32 *************
    64 2019-06-12 21:40 ? -
    ... ..( 9 skipped). .. -
    74 2019-06-12 23:20 ? -
    75 2019-06-12 23:30 26 *******
    76 2019-06-12 23:40 ? -
    77 2019-06-12 23:50 28 *********
    78 2019-06-13 00:00 28 *********
    79 2019-06-13 00:10 29 **********
    80 2019-06-13 00:20 ? -
    81 2019-06-13 00:30 29 **********
    ... ..( 2 skipped). .. **********
    84 2019-06-13 01:00 29 **********
    85 2019-06-13 01:10 ? -
    86 2019-06-13 01:20 28 *********
    87 2019-06-13 01:30 28 *********
    88 2019-06-13 01:40 29 **********
    ... ..( 4 skipped). .. **********
    93 2019-06-13 02:30 29 **********
    94 2019-06-13 02:40 ? -
    95 2019-06-13 02:50 29 **********
    96 2019-06-13 03:00 29 **********
    97 2019-06-13 03:10 29 **********
    98 2019-06-13 03:20 30 ***********
    99 2019-06-13 03:30 ? -
    100 2019-06-13 03:40 ? -
    101 2019-06-13 03:50 28 *********
    102 2019-06-13 04:00 29 **********
    ... ..( 5 skipped). .. **********
    108 2019-06-13 05:00 29 **********
    109 2019-06-13 05:10 ? -
    110 2019-06-13 05:20 27 ********
    111 2019-06-13 05:30 28 *********
    ... ..( 3 skipped). .. *********
    115 2019-06-13 06:10 28 *********
    116 2019-06-13 06:20 ? -
    117 2019-06-13 06:30 28 *********
    118 2019-06-13 06:40 29 **********
    ... ..( 2 skipped). .. **********
    121 2019-06-13 07:10 29 **********
    122 2019-06-13 07:20 30 ***********
    123 2019-06-13 07:30 30 ***********
    124 2019-06-13 07:40 ? -
    125 2019-06-13 07:50 27 ********

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Well this has been interesting for sure. I never knew drives stored all this information, these drives anyway.

    But back to the main issue. It doesn't look like the drive is bad as some of you guys said. So, I can wipe it out but the goal here was to try and repair errors that is preventing the drive from booting. Now that I'm able to access this and all looks to be OK, how do I do the repair?

    JL..............

  9. #89
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Your logins are kept in the file "logins.json".

    Your passwords are kept in the file "key3.db"

    Both of these files are kept in the \users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Firefox\Profiles\SOME RANDOM NUMBER.default. They are in hidden directories, so you may have to enable "Show Hidden Files/Directories" in TOOLS\FOLDER OPTIONS\VIEW.

    Copy these two files to your new drive in the SAME LOCATION (the RANDOM number probably has changed) and you should be good to go. Overwrite the two files that are there now.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post
    Your logins are kept in the file "logins.json".

    Your passwords are kept in the file "key3.db"

    Both of these files are kept in the \users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Firefox\Profiles\SOME RANDOM NUMBER.default. They are in hidden directories, so you may have to enable "Show Hidden Files/Directories" in TOOLS\FOLDER OPTIONS\VIEW.

    Copy these two files to your new drive in the SAME LOCATION (the RANDOM number probably has changed) and you should be good to go. Overwrite the two files that are there now.
    Those look to be the folders I'm looking for.
    Also where are all your saved searches? I think it may be called auto-complete, or forms ?? like all the stuff you search for on ebay, that stuff.

    JL............

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •