Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I broke these off. Sad face.

I had it all wrong.

While this motor does have those one way check valve barb fittings:

The fitting I broke was a more plain barb fitting, still tiny and has a jetted orifice, but easier to work with. Oh and it is press in!

So I dug around for some brass bits. and found a couple scraps.
    Andy

Turned down the barb end (.162" od) and drill .500" deep.

Flip it around and turn down the press fit side of the fitting, drill .200" deep from this side, then drill the last .050" (.750" total fitting length) with a .020" drill bit.

Next to one of the broken ones. They ain't pretty, they just have to do the job.

Loctite and tapped in.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    soldering not a bad way to go IF he can verify that it's not a nylon check ball, still have to be careful even if steel as you don't want to change the value's of the spring inside too much so would recommend getting it done quick and dunking it...
    I seriously doubt that any machine that old would have nylon check balls.
    Newer chinese machines possibly.

JL.............

How old? did i miss the manufacturing date?

also where were they screwed into? lots of modern intake track stuff has exactly what im talking about just because it runs cooler and a nylon ball is way more responsive than a steel one, something that can be critical with things that use the pulses of the crankcase in a two stroke to power things like fuel pumps and such...

so Andy is that an outboard 2 stroke?

why not just fill the remaining plug with water, cap the ends, throw it in the freezer and let the water press out new nipples when it freezes and expands - sound familiar?? here's your sad face buddy

u know im just razzing ya. lol

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    so Andy is that an outboard 2 stroke?

why not just fill the remaining plug with water, cap the ends, throw it in the freezer and let the water press out new nipples when it freezes and expands

Yes it is the 2 stroke I am assembling in the other thread. That is a brilliant idea with freezing the water! Then just clean up the new protrusion in the lathe some and good to go! I'll have to remember that one.
    Andy